BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BES issues with Storm

Please Login to Remove!

Cutting a long story short, I can not connect to BES with my blackberry storm. I am trying use a 9530 Storm bought in the US on a South African Sim providor, Vodacom. The original US provider was Verizon.

I have changed the CDMA Service Edit Screen and changed the Mobile Directory Number to the South African Number. I also saw that IMSI_S: had the old US number so I replaced that with the South African number.

I have checked with Vodacom that I was on BES service and it was on BIS but I got that changed. I also checked that I am on Data Roaming which is being put in place. once activated I tried again.

I updated the version to 4.7.0.148,

every time I try try to activate the enterprise it takes about 20 mins then it "retrying" then "Activating" then Retrying and finally says please contact your system administrator.

I keep asking the email providor to reset the enteprise ID and then I have tried it again and it makes no difference.

I am running out of options.

Any ideas would be very much apprecated. I am starting to wonder why I bought it in the US and should have bought another storm in South Africa.
Although not guaranteed that this would work either.

Please help

Paul
Offline  
Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auss1epaul View Post
Cutting a long story short, I can not connect to BES with my blackberry storm.

...

I keep asking the email providor to reset the enteprise ID and then I have tried it again and it makes no difference.
Have you spoken to your IT department at your job?
They should be assisting you in activating on your corporate BES.
You're using the email address and activation password sent by your BES administrator, right?
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stuck In The '70's Mod
 
ndub33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The 'burbs east of Seattle.
Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 7,599
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Moving to the General 9500 section.
__________________
1st Step in Troubleshooting: Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
2nd Step in Troubleshooting: Pull the Battery.
Offline  
Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Germany
Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile DE
Posts: 44
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

@Auss1epaul; are you able to send a PIN from your Storm successful to another BB?
so: is it delivered?
__________________
You do not need to know everything.
You just need to know where you can find it!

Last edited by Scr_ooge : 07-04-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NJ
Model: 9530
PIN: 305E50E3
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT, Sprint
Posts: 33
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

First you need to make sure you can PIM yourself and that you have at least 2 signal bars. Whether you are on a company BES or outside exchange hosting confirm the email address and password you should be using when activating. Did you let the IT people know you are using a storm because the XML file needs to updated on the BES to support new devices.
The last step is to have the BES administrators remove your BES account and re-add you, that fixes activation issues 75% of the time..the other 25% would require a BES reboot! LOL!

Later and good luck
__________________


Running the following unlocked phones
Iphone Jailbroken
AT&T HTC Touch Fuze
AT&T BB 8310
T-Mobile 8820
Verizon 9530

Last edited by tekki31 : 07-06-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekki31 View Post
First you need to make sure you can PIM yourself and that you have at least 2 signal bars. Whether you are on a company BES or outside exchange hosting confirm the email address and password you should be using when activating. Did you let the IT people know you are using a storm because the config file needs to updated on the BES to support new devices.
The last step is to have the BES administrators remove your BES account and re-add you, that fixes activation issues 75% of the time..the other 25% would require a BES reboot! LOL!

Later and good luck
Are you fv&^ing kidding me? This is complete nonsense.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,069
Post Thanks: 138
Thanked 139 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Nonsense is putting it nicely
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NJ
Model: 9530
PIN: 305E50E3
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT, Sprint
Posts: 33
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not sure what you mean guys, unless I mis-understood the question he was asking? I am on a BES and maintain a corp BES, I have run into failing activation issues plenty of times and usually it's a typo with the email address or password..or interrupted data connection. after contacting the vendor and confirm all account settings are correct which is what he said he did to correct his BIS to BES..When everything works but activation, the next thing to do is remove his BES account and re-add him..that will fix users who fail on activation. When multiple users are failing activating blackberry's, a reboot of the BES maybe required.
Works for me the past 4 years...Running 2 Blackberry ENT ver: 4.1.6.9 clustered servers with Exchange 2003 (1242 users)..and one BES on Exchange 2007 (15 users)
__________________


Running the following unlocked phones
Iphone Jailbroken
AT&T HTC Touch Fuze
AT&T BB 8310
T-Mobile 8820
Verizon 9530

Last edited by tekki31 : 07-06-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Offline  
Old 07-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: in my house
Model: storm
OS: 4.7.0.113
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodaphone UK
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

penguin3107

You class yourself as a Blackberry Mensa, but your reply is beyond contempt when forum members try to help each other.
Do you think you are so aloof, you have the right to post this type of response? It was totally unhelpful and a waste of everyone's time.

Low dude, low.
Offline  
Old 07-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy123 View Post
You class yourself as a Blackberry Mensa
I do no such thing. The forum software provided that label. I never asked for it, nor do I care what it says.

Your attempt at baiting me into a flame war is an epic fail, and the post I quoted was total nonsense, as indicated previously.
Hopefully, in my brashness, I've spared at least 1 admin from following that guy's bad advice.

Sorry for wasting your time. If you don't like my posting style, don't read my posts anymore. My feelings won't be hurt, I promise.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org

Last edited by penguin3107 : 07-11-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,631
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy123 View Post
...It was totally unhelpful and a waste of everyone's time.
I couldn't disagree more. I got a chuckle out of it and also it did a good job of eliminating any doubt that what was stated could have been true. Saying something definitely is wrong is sometimes as valuable if not more valuable than saying something is definitively correct.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.