Originally Posted by matthew52303
I followed the directions on the sticky but there always seems to be a problem somewhere. There is no shared folder on my computer, cannot open att service books etc. Is this still possible? any help would be appreciated.
yes you can still have the browser and MMS message.
1. make sure you have blackberry desktop manager installed
2 make sure you have the install file of the OS you want on your storm. installed on your computer.
3. once the OS is updated then you need to add the browser and the correct service books.
4. download a program called crack util
5. once you download carck util install it and then hook up your storm rmember if your in vista right click on icon and run as admin
6 once the screen is open your going to see the program with 3 taps click on the one that says file manipulation
7. click on retrive files and scroll down to net_rim _bb dameon browser click remove .
8. click on desktop manager when u do step 7 your storm will restart.
9. click on backup/restore and the click on advance
10.left side windows click on file and open and find where u saved the att service books that you downloaded select the service book and transfer to your storm . once that is done close window and go to maine menue and close desktop manager.
11 go to crack util and click on file manupulation and click on load file window will open up and select the file that says net_rim_bb dameon browser and click ok. once this is done your storm will restarte when it does unplug it and closer the program . your storm when it loads your should see your browser on the storm. remember to go to tcp/ip in options /advance and type in the att/cingular settings in that area.
everything should work if you have a blackberry data . remember to resend your service books from your blackberry account so you get your emails .
hope this has helped.
click here to download the service books for att . Unlocked Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile