Wow I can't believe nobody has mentioned these big ones.
1. Screen locks on phone call all by itself. I just uninstalled the 3rd party app and it works great by itself.
2. Unbelievable it does the same thing on visual voice mail!
3. The headset volume on visual voicemail seems normal now!
this was the first OS upgrade i did thru the dm 5.0 interface. i usually use loader.exe
anyway, so far i have noticed no changes between 323 and 328. works fine, except storm level isn't compatible yet. the developer says they're working on an update but who knows wen that will happen....
I went from .151 to 22.214.171.1248 and had a lot trouble at first getting the OS to load properly. I read that its highly suggested for people running 4.x version to update to an older 5.x before upgrading to this guy after the fact and I maybe forced to do that. Anyway I had to wipe the handheld and then used DM (version 5) to load up the OS and it went fine. I like and dislike some of the aesthetic touches from the update but I also noticed a couple of issues:
1. BBM5 refuses to upgrade properly from 4.x to 5.x using App World. Prior I had no issues updating the app. It shows up as an installed cod but no name suggesting maybe its corrupted somehow? No icon of the app shows. If I reinstall 4.x and do a direct download of 5 from the website it works fine also suggesting App World is not usable. Which leads to 2.
2. App World does not work well for me. It refuses to close and the icon disappears after a period of usage. Subsequent uninstalls and reinstalls doesn't change anything. I'm resigned to not install at all. Again, did not have this issue with 4.x
3. Screen Lock is kind of flaky (the one on the physical handheld and not the lock icon). I have to now force it down harder in order for the handheld to lock. If I don't the screen tries to lock and then it reverts back to unlock immediately right after. If I downgrade my handheld software to 4.x the screen locks fine. Is there a setting now for how much pressure it senses from buttons???
4. Restoring all of my data (backup/restore) from 4.x to 5.x messes up the GUI of the handheld (Icons change or vanish). I'm going to assume there were some code changes from these two versions. Think I'll just now restore messages and see how that goes.
5. Battery is draining ALOT faster with this version. Same daily activities using the same apps and signal strength was not an issue.
6. The swipe down to remove keyboard is not as responsive or doesn't respond at all. I had to bring up the menu and do hide keyboard. Downgrading to 4.x software removes the problem.
Despite all this the big positives I have seen thus far were much better response time when flipping screens and switching portrait and landscape modes. The bug where one side of the headphone has much lower audio output also seems to have been fixed with this version.
I'm going to give this guy another wipe and re-install again and see if I can work out the kinks. Otherwise I'll have to chalk the bugs I'm facing as that, bugs, and hope another update will come along.
I cannot download this version to my phone. I keep getting a fatal error. I checked with Verizon and they said that Blackberry was having some issues with some phones being able to download and suggested that I wait a few days and try again. I think I will stick with my older version.
Downloaded and installed without issue. The modules took about an hour to download but there were a few hundred of them. As everyone else said this new system rocks! It fixes most all issues I would regularly encounter. The camera and video camera are significantly improved, now they seem reliable enough for every day use. The media player made a few nice improvements, I especially like how now whenever you touch the screen the track's progress bar appears then disappears with another touch instead of having to touch all over the screen for a few minutes before anything responds. The only thing I noticed that needs further attention is the Whew and straight faced smileys are mislabeled and should be reversed. Facebook originally told me to downgrade for functionality but after reinstalling it through App world everything is smooth again and it updated my contacts list and calendar with my FB friend info, pretty neat. All in all I would say this is what I expected from the storm originally but after waiting it's now here and I couldn't be happier (well maybe happier with tabbed browsing...)
I have an unlocked 9530 from VW , and using it in a local carrier in Asia , and dont have a data plan .. I have tried loading this new .328 to my storm but it doesn't allow me to do it, I tried deleting vendor.xml file also, now my latest finding is if I run apploader.exe it show there is no device software available for the connected device.
Please help me with your valuable comments to load .328 into my unlocked BB.