I recently upgraded my storm to OS 5, the performance is great. HOwever, I noticed that I can't use my dial pad to make a phone call. when I press the buttons, nothing happens, I also notice the the numbers on the keypad no longer have letters on them like abc def, etc. Also, I have my voice mail on speed dial, when I hold down that key it dials the voice mail but the dial pad that comes up is a mess, some of the keys each have a letter, a couple others each have a number 1, 5, 0. I have already done a battery pull and that made no difference.
Last edited by jmcarrillo : 11-20-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Reason: left this out
I had the same experience a week ago. Brought my Storm to the Verizon Wireless store where I had purchased it. Was told that it had to do with the new software (Ver. 5), and they would just swap my unit for a new one. Service Assistant stated that he had seen the same problem on three other units earlier in the day. I gladly accepted my new Storm, and over the course of the next few days, I set up my new unit with the third party software I wanted, customized it, loved it, showed off how great the new software was. . .
Then it happened again last night (after 5 days)! I brought the "new" unit back to Verizon Wireless. They again swapped it out for another new Storm. They again had no idea why this problem occurs, but seemed to have an endless supply of Storms to swap. They said if it happens again, they would swap it for a Blackberry Tour.
There is obviously a problem with this model, which the good people at Verizon Wireless do not seem inclined to try to understand and help us work our way around. I have no confidence that this will not happen again. I guess it's just easier to let us waste our time continuously setting up our replacement Blackberry units.
I can't use key pad to dial, which means I can't input new phone numbers into my BlackBerry Storm 9530. Yes, I have pulled and replaced battery ... pulled SIM card just to make sure I've covered all the bases. Nothing has worked yet.
Just realized I had the same problem this morning with mine.
Is there a way to fix this, instead of taking to the VZ store. I just took my first one there about two weeks ago, since somehow it just stop working, and they replaced with this one. Now this one is not working...
FYI, this is a known bug in the 5.0 software. To fix it, go into options -> Languages -> and change the language from English (United States) to English and the problem is fixed. I am a store manager for Verizon and we have seen this problem pop up more lately.
For those of you who can't get it to work by simply changing the language "English"........
In addition to changing that to English instead of Englis(united states), I also had to change the input language to 'English(United States)' instead of what it was which was something like English(United States) - Multitab.
As weird as this bug already is, once I changed the input language, I went back to make find out what I had switched it from, and it no longer exists.
Mine was the same. Wierd characters on the number pad and the only number that worked was the zero. I changed the language from English (United States) to English and that didn't work. The input language was already set to English (United States) so I changed the Input Style to Auto Correction and now the number pad seems to work. Verizon says to take the phone back as it is still under warranty which I may do if I still have the problem in the next few days.