I seem to have the same problem. It started on day one with this phone. I have delt with it for months now. With my last phone (HTC), I had to make an insurance claim for an issue I was having. Two months later HTC came out with a free fix to the problem. And I was out the $90.
When this happened with my Storm I decided I wasn't paying a $35 restock fee or a $90 insurance fee. I figured one day I'd get it fixed for free. I was not going to pay again for something I could get fixed for free later.
So I have put a small piece of buisness card behind the battery and taped my battery in. Seems to be working OK for now. But it's only day one.