I currently own a Nokia N97 but am hugely disappointed with it. It's slow and unresponsive and nowhere near what a flagship device or 'iPhone killer' should be like. I'm therefore looking for something else, not Nokia again though as this has put me off them indefinitely, and after a bit of research the Blackberry Storm has caught my eye.
The only things I really like about the N97 are it's huge (32GB) internal memory which I can store my music collection on, all in WMA, the physical QWERTY keyboard, although I could live without that I suppose, and the WiFi capability. Ok, now a few questions if you don't mind:-
1. The media player on the Storm - can you search and play your music by their folder structure, or are you forced to use the artist/album/genre method? If not, are there any apps out there that do?
2. The same goes for the photo viewer - can you search and view by folder structure? If not, are there any apps available that do?
3. I appreciate I will have to purchase a big memory card if I wish to put all my music on the Storm, but will it accept larger than a 16GB card?
4. Does it have an FM radio?
5. I presume it multi-tasks, and if so how well does it cope?
6. Is it any good for playing games on and if so are there any good 3D ones available, on a par with the iPhone say?
7. The Storm does have WiFi doesn't it? The Blackberry website says that it does, but videos I've seen on YouTube say that it doesn't! Also, the Storm on the Blackberry website looks slightly different to those I've seen elsewhere - I'm a bit confused! Are there different versions of the Storm?
8. What is the web browser like? Does it support flash content on websites?
9. How is the performance generally?
I think that's about it, for the time being at least! So what do you think, should I but it?! I would appreciate any and all comments/suggestions.
Thanks in advance