wat u think of storm 2
im thinking of up grading to storm 2 but my mate say it poo do u think i should get it
Honestly, how much does it matter what I say, your mate says or anyone else says? Go try it out for yourself and see how YOU like it, what YOU think of it, and then make the decision based on YOUR opinions of the device.
Ditto. Tell your mate to poo off.
Another vote for trying it yourself.
/Another Try it vote
You Got to Try It
I moved from a 8830 about two months ago and I am very happy with my 9550. I now can type faster with far fewer mistakes but I will tell you it takes some practice. The screen is very nice and sharp. Issues:
1. The keyboard will lock up and you have to hit the top left buttom to unlock it. This is caused by movement in the case while I move in and out of the car and sometimes getting in and out of a chair. I am using an old style clip on belt case.
2. The browser is a pretty good compared to the one on the 8830 and the zoom commands are basically equel to an iphone. I compared my 9550 to a friends iphone and the real difference was the lack of the "pince" zoom feature.
3. You still have to pull the battery once in a while but I found this to be needed after sometimes turning on/off the wi-fi. I don't know if that is a problem with my wi-fi or the phone.
4. Either the radio is not as effective as the 8830 or a whole lot more users are on Verizon in my area. I do get an occasional dropped call with the 9550. On the other hand I am getting a usable signal in an area around Clear Lake City that previous had no or a bad signal on the 8830.
5. I generally put it on the charger every night but then I am using it for more data transfers. I have become hooked on Utube and it works pretty well on the 9550.
Realistically the phone is more "robust" in operation than the 8830 once I got used to its operation. No phone is perfect as it is a compromise in size, weight, battery life, speed of operation, durability, cost and usability.
Enjoy the Storm2
Came from a Pearl VZW that I liked very much. But I started getting low on memory when I wanted to try more APPs, and my 20 months was up with VZW.
Went to a VZW store where I could try both the Droid and the Storm2 this will be my 5th BlackBerry so I lean toward BB. Typing for me was much better on the Storm2 which sold me overall, I am used to SureType and when I need full querty rotating to landscape is nice not having to switch to multiTap mode.
The Droid's web browser was much better but that is not a huge one for me on the small screen. Exchange support is bigger for me since we have a BES, but I do have one iPhone user using ActiveSync. I felt that I will wait another 2 years for the android to get more business ready. I have to say that I like the Storm2 click screen a lot it is nice knowing I am on the correct option before pushing down to activate. I am glad that I got the Storm2 and not the Storm1.
Storm 2 is awesome...I compared it to the 9530 which I still use and there wasn't much of a difference since I upgraded to 5.0...but the additional memory is a plus and I love the changes made to the form factor
I came from a 8330 to the 9550 (Storm 2) overall I'm happy, definitely a cool device. The one thing I find aggravating is the lack of apps that work over WiFi on the Storm2.
It seems that any time I find one (WiFi Transfer, VLC Remote, etc) they currently don't support the Storm2... I'm sure this will change over time but right now being able to "surf faster" isn't enough for me to have the WiFi on. My cell signal is strong enough that it's just about as fast as WiFi for anything I do.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.