Originally Posted by emptyaddress
I have a UK Storm 2 (9520) on Vodafone and am trying in vain to find a working GPS application.
I have tried to install the Garmin offering (Mobile) and the link Garmin tech send me says “your device is not supported” even though in the US it is.
I have tried the Telmap application which happily downloads, installs, then hangs at the “select language” screen (30 minutes with nothing more than a white screen displayed).
The BlackBerry maps work fine, so do the Google Maps, but I’m trying for device consolidation and would like turn by turn navigation.
Any pointers gladly received.
I too am in the same position as yourself and to answer your question... There is sod all for our device for the time being: -
1) Garmin isn't compatible (as you've found out) - i couldn't find the option to download on the UK site and the US site is just as unfathomable...
2) Telenav GPS Navigator supports Storm 2 but only the 9550 and not the 9520 (never knew there was a CDMA and GSM variant of a Sat Nav product were available however i have sent an email to Telenav explaining why this is and when it will be available for the 9520)
3) Telmap is only compatible with Storm 1 not Storm 2
4) Google Maps is OK but up to a degree.
5) Gokivo UK is not compatible with Storm 1 or 2
6) Smartnav does support Storm 1 but not Storm 2
Our options are pretty much limited to Google Maps and BlackBerry Maps for the time being i'm afraid...