OS: 9520 18.104.22.1680/22.214.171.1247 (drm) (Multilanguage)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.1990 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 188.8.131.520
* Applications: 184.108.40.2067
* Software Platform: 220.127.116.115
* File name: 9520M_PBr5.0.0_rel1020_PL18.104.22.1685_A22.214.171.1247_Voda fone_Italy.exe
* File size: 134.68MB
Download file here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...855005BB8B67BF
Instructions for installing either version on ANY carrier's 9520:
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous Release: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
i installed this firmware the battrey life is almost double highly recomended
shows no version update on Vodafone UK 9520. tried copying java folder files and pasting to previous version java folder and updating it.. it crashed never booted to the carrier logo after the blackberry status indicator screen. Had to restore to previous version. don't know if i only faced this problem thot of letting know...
Very good one. Incredible batty life, Clickscreen feels much better and it's quite fast.
Had no problem with installing.
did a reinstall and was okay.. true incredible battery life.
hi, has anyone noticed the sudden case change in the letters while typing any text? is there a solution to this??
thanking in advance.
is this DRM or NODRM version?
It's DRM version. Works very fine on my vodafone spain storm2
can i install this to the 9500 CDMA device ?
Anyone trayed this on Verizon yet?
If you mean will this OS work on the 9550, the answer is no. See the post previous to this one.
I just purchased a Storm2 from Verizon yesterday. (9550). It came from them loaded with v126.96.36.1997(bundle1020, Platform 188.8.131.525)
I had to replace my original Storm which went swimming with me the night before (OOPS). I like the StormII better. This OS appears to be fine. Slightly better response to axis rotation. maybe better with key recognition.
Battery life will take me a few days to evaluate.
OS version 184.108.40.2063
Hi, does anyone have info about this release?
I tried to install it twice without success. Is it safe?
Downloaded it yesterday. Went through the all process of installing it. Installation complete, everything fine but when I chek in OptionsťAbout, it still shows Version 5.0.0436 (Platform 4.20.189)
Any, not even the smallest?:shock:
Did erase the vendor file and all that.
Really not? :?
Solution was simply to use BBSAK and not the DM
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.