Originally Posted by a_gunslinger
I have just arrived from the Dark Side (Palm Pro) and now have a BB Tour - and loving it. Like any phone, there are some issues I need to figure out.
1. Is there any way to change the default "desktop" icon/apps that are shown on main screen? I use Astrasync to get my works Exchange account Calendar and Tasks onto my Tour. The Astrasync view is the most concise and complete but its housed in the "Downloads" folder under the settings menus. Would love to get it on desktop as an icon.
2. As for Astrasync, it works really well capturing the Exchange accounts calendar and tasks -something the BB email setup by itself cant do without a BES. IS there a better option I am missing. I really dont need 3 icons that give me my messages.
3. It wont quit beeping at me. I thought I set it to Silent for the arrival of emails and messages. But it keeps randomly beeping at points I think its receiving messages/emails. Cant figure out whats causing it and how to turn it off. Phone is set for Silent sound profile.
4. Phone ringer only rings one time. I set the ringer to the classic phone ring but when someone calls it rings once and once only.
Welcome to the forums, and the BlackBerry.
1. From the Home Screen, highlight an icon and press the Menu key. You will see a menu with options to move or hide the icon you highlighted (this wil work for any icon). You will also see an option to "Move To Folder". Highlight your Astrasync icon, press menu and select this. One of the folder options is "Home". This will relocate the icon to your home screen.
2. Your additional e-mail icons can be hidden as well. I'm not aware of any onbaord app that will do what Astrasync is doing for your right now, without BES.
3 and 4. Open your Profiles icon and select "Advanced" from the menu. It will let you set ringers for any of your communications related apps (e-mail, phone, SMS, etc).