I have a Verizon BBerry 9600 Tour that was working fine until this morning. No new app installed, no config changes no thing and suddenly I get the following symptoms:
- When the phone finishes booting, it goes to the home screen but doesn't respond to any button. Pressing the trackball gets it out of screen saver but that's it. Numbers, menu, phone buttons - nothing works.
- After about 5 minutes, it gives the infamous "App 523 error". When I click on reset, it briefly shows a screen detailing that the failed app is JVM.
- Connecting it to blackberry desktop doesn't work - the desktop app recognizes that the device is connected but doesn't come out of 'busy' mode with everything grayed. I guess it's trying unsuccessfully to read data off the device.
This persists through restarts, taking out the battery, etc. Does anyone know of a solution? I don't want to reset it to factory defaults for two main reasons:
- Every time I walk into the carrier store it takes too long, I'd rather do it myself.
- I'm afraid that after restoring the backup (including existing apps) this error will come back to bite me again, hence another trip to Verizon.
Any help is greatly appreciated!! I've searched the forums and most posts say it's a bad 3rd party app that was just installed and suggest removing it. But for me I haven't installed any app in the last week, and I can't remove it (phone isn't really accessible).