BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ffejie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.222
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 240
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tour: Siedio Cradle Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I recently got the Seidio Cradle for my Tour:

Desktop Charging Cradle

I don't use a case, so just have the naked device sitting in the cradle. The contacts aren't even close to matching up with my device. Has anyone had good luck with these cradles? Anyone have any tips for making it work?

How about other cradles? Specifically, this one caught my eye:

Amazon.com: Blackberry Tour 9630 3-in-1 Cradle Desktop Charger with extra Battery Slot: Cell Phones & Service

Last edited by ffejie : 11-24-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: colorado
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

I have the curve 8900 and I've used the pearl, both had cradles from seidio. I never had a problem with them other than being expensive. Doesn't sound like you got the right one for your phone.
Offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ffejie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.222
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 240
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I didn't want to do this initially, but I ended up bending the contacts out of the cradle and extending them down to where the Tour naturally sits. Kind of shoddy design, if you ask me. Easily fixable, but not something I intended on doing.
Offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Why didn't you just get the proper RIM manufactured cradle: Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: Cell Phones & Service

Or here: http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Cha...ef=pd_cp_cps_2
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
diffused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Model: Z10
OS: 10102151
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 179
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejie View Post
I didn't want to do this initially, but I ended up bending the contacts out of the cradle and extending them down to where the Tour naturally sits. Kind of shoddy design, if you ask me. Easily fixable, but not something I intended on doing.
Did it work for you? I sure love mine.
__________________
Z10
10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
MrKyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 4s
OS: iOS
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,546
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
This convenient desktop cradle keeps your phone charged and ready to go. It utilizes the charging contacts on the back of the newer BlackBerry models and is compatible with our line of Innocases.

- Convenient desktop charging cradle
- Same soft touch coating found on our popular Innocases
- Discreet power L.E.D. on the back of the cradle
- Removable Smartphone Attachment for docking your phone with or without an Innocase*
- Compatible with our Innocell Extended Batteries
- Charge using your exisiting OEM charger
Did you not receive the attachment for docking?
Offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX
Model: 9630
OS: 4.7.1.40
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the Seidio cradle and it works just fine with my Tour. As noted above, I'd make sure you have the removable attachment. It's just a piece of plastic and there isn't much holding it in there.
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: 8130
Carrier: The Big V
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I, too, had to bend the contacts out a bit. Works fine now...
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 252
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejie View Post
I recently got the Seidio Cradle for my Tour:

Desktop Charging Cradle

I don't use a case, so just have the naked device sitting in the cradle. The contacts aren't even close to matching up with my device. Has anyone had good luck with these cradles? Anyone have any tips for making it work?

How about other cradles? Specifically, this one caught my eye:

Amazon.com: Blackberry Tour 9630 3-in-1 Cradle Desktop Charger with extra Battery Slot: Cell Phones & Service
I have the second one mentioned. Its nice but see the cord on the left side of the picture? Its actually on the right and you have to manually plug it into the device. Not a real big deal but I also have the blackberry charging pod I use in the bedroom and that is so nice. If you got it to work, thats great. But its much nicer to have the right one, without any attachments.
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BestBuy sells a mat that you just lay the BB on it and it charges it.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ffejie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.222
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 240
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
I have the second one mentioned. Its nice but see the cord on the left side of the picture? Its actually on the right and you have to manually plug it into the device. Not a real big deal but I also have the blackberry charging pod I use in the bedroom and that is so nice. If you got it to work, thats great. But its much nicer to have the right one, without any attachments.
If you have to plug it in, it's not really a charging cradle...
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ffejie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.222
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 240
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for all the replies - I tweaked the contacts to extend down a bit and it seems to fit better with the device now.

For the record, I am not using a case, so I am using the Seidio plastic insert, which props the device up a bit.
Offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
MrKyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 4s
OS: iOS
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,546
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki View Post
BestBuy sells a mat that you just lay the BB on it and it charges it.
Where in the world have YOU been?
Offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 252
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejie View Post
If you have to plug it in, it's not really a charging cradle...
That would be your opinion.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.