BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9600-series-discussion-tour/)
-   -   No 3G Icon on 5.0 but 1XEV (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9600-series-discussion-tour/223252-no-3g-icon-5-0-but-1xev.html)

pumbaa70 03-31-2010 11:57 AM

No 3G Icon on 5.0 but 1XEV
 
Upgraded to the 5.0 from VZW but noticed it still says 1XEV and not 3G as with my old Curve2. I was told that 3G replaces 1XEV in 5.0


Anyone have any clues??

N

akosnitzky 03-31-2010 12:10 PM

Most of the 5.0 builds for the 9630 were 1XEV. If it annoys you, you can load a patch on BBHYbrids.net to have the 3G symbol in place

BIGBOSS122 03-31-2010 08:33 PM

I have a Storm 1 it never showed the 3G icon, then I got a Storm 2 and it shows the 3G icon. I'm no expert but my opinion is that the Storm 1 is not a
3G phone.

Motorcycle Mama 03-31-2010 08:37 PM

And you would be incorrect.

The showing of "3G" is cosmetic. And a function of various OS version releases.

1XEV IS 3G. It's the SAME EXACT thing.

Ashg 04-01-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1588278)
And you would be incorrect.

The showing of "3G" is cosmetic. And a function of various OS version releases.

1XEV IS 3G. It's the SAME EXACT thing.

QFT. I don't understand why this is such a huge issue.

KonTiki 04-01-2010 09:30 AM

People that don't understand think that they have been cheated out of something.

kjjb0204 04-02-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 1588000)
Most of the 5.0 builds for the 9630 were 1XEV. If it annoys you, you can load a patch on BBHYbrids.net to have the 3G symbol in place

Careful loading any patches that weren't built for your specific OS. It's only the .4xx based 5.0 OS's that can run the patch. None of the .5xx builds are compatible and will most likely brick your device if you load the patch.

Try looking around for some themes that show 3G instead of 1XEV. Several have been created recently specifically for people that want the new .591 OS but still want the 3G symbol.

kurichan 04-06-2010 12:44 PM

Don't get why this is even a subject of discussion.

Motorcycle Mama 04-06-2010 05:40 PM

People will go on ranting saying "My BlackBerry is supposed to be 3G and I'm ONLY getting 1XEV!!!!! I want a refund! My carrier LIED!!!!" Not realizing that 1XEV IS 3G.

Infernalblaze 04-07-2010 11:06 AM

i dont know and maybe this is just me but i like to 1XEV lol it makes my phone feel different haha custom

rambo47 04-07-2010 05:09 PM

I don't care if mine says "flaming blue monkeys", so long as it's fast.

TXLady 04-07-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1591307)
I don't care if mine says "flaming blue monkeys", so long as it's fast.

(y)
I also don't care if the icon for my Yahoo email is the Yahoo icon or not, as long as my email gets to my phone.

akosnitzky 04-08-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjjb0204 (Post 1588931)
Careful loading any patches that weren't built for your specific OS. It's only the .4xx based 5.0 OS's that can run the patch. None of the .5xx builds are compatible and will most likely brick your device if you load the patch.

Try looking around for some themes that show 3G instead of 1XEV. Several have been created recently specifically for people that want the new .591 OS but still want the 3G symbol.

Also several themes available with 3G icon in place of 1XEV


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.