I have a Hotmail email account configured on my Tour. It had been working nicely until today when I got this email:
Subject: Action required: update password!
Sent: May 4, 2010 4:58 AM
Update the password for
in the BlackBerry Internet Service! Email messages from
are not being delivered to your BlackBerry device. To resume receiving email messages from this email address, update the password for
in the BlackBerry Internet Service:
1. Open your BlackBerry Internet Service account by completing one of the following actions:
* Click the email setup application on your device.
* Using a browser on your computer, visit the BlackBerry Internet Service web site.
2. Go to the Email Accounts page.
4. Update the Password field.
5. Click Save. Email Account Information:Email Address:
Email Account Name:
Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --
Of course I'm not getting any of my hotmail email now. When I attempted to "Update my password" (whatever that means) it gives me a message that says I've not entered anything in the User field.
What happened? I hate unexpected surprises like this.