BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Smile E-Mail notification in both Messages and E-Mail folder

Please Login to Remove!

Ok so I have a 9700 (Bold 2) and I have my personal e-mail setup on the phone (G-Mail). E-mails were starting to pile up so I decided to delete all of them, but the phone wouldn't let me delete the e-mails. I tried to search for an answer online but people just suggested wiping the phone, so what I did was just disable the e-mail/account on the phone and re-enabled it. Everything works great, and now I can delete e-mails sent to me. However, there is one thing that I am having a problem with. Before, when I receive an e-mail, I would get a notification (red star) on both my messages and e-mail (g-mail account) folder. After resetting up my e-mail, I only get a notification for my messages folder, and not my e-mail folder! How can I make it so so when I get an e-mail, I get a notification(red star) on both my messages and e-mail folder. Thanks a lot!
Oh and I don't think I have the g-mail client thing for my Blackberry, I never downloaded anything, I just set up the account. Thanks a lot!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Post Thanks: 52

Did you check to see if there was a new folder created for the "new" gmail account? Might be hidden.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nope, after setting up the e-mail account, a "new" gmail account folder was automatically placed onto my main window.
Just to follow up;
The e-mail that is sent is in the g-mail folder, and I can actually read it from there, however, I don't get a notification there. The only notification is in the general Message folder!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Post Thanks: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Battery pull
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

first, i would install the Enhanced G-Mail plugin, it's a nifty thing. Second, I used to be running 5.0.0.405 and all my emails would go to both my "Messages" and "Gmail" inbox, which is annoying, so i upgraded to 5.0.0.423 (dl link is a sticky at the top of 9700 forums) and a new option is unlocked-you can choose what gets sent to your message folder. I unchecked "GMail" and now my email only goes to the "Gmail" inbox, which is what i wanted. I only get the asterisk notification on my "GMail" inbox as well. To me this seems like it would solve your problem. Let us know how it goes!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

@Dan - My first battery pull did nothing (did this when I first stumbled upon the problem) but when I just did it again, everything works now. Great, thanks a lot! Battery pull seems to solve everything, I just wished there was an easier way to do it because of the 9700's solid build, it does take quite a few tries to get that back off!

@Ryan - Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, I don't have a computer to do the update on. My computer got stolen back in November, I ordered a new one from Apple, and it has yet to arrive! Grr! Apple service is normally better than this!

Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.