BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Expanded Folder Issues (BES): Bold

Please Login to Remove!

I have seen this question posted in numerous places, but I never see a resolution and am hoping we can find one here for this issue:

Our company-issued blackberry bolds are set up on an Blackberry Exchange Server. On my old previous blackberry, whenever I went to file an e-mail into a folder on my blackberry, all the folders were collapsed and I could just drop the email into a folder, or expand the folder if I needed to drop it into a subfolder. However, when I upgraded to the Bold, it does not work the same way. Instead, if I want to file an e-mail in a folder, when I click on "File", it opens a fully expanded list of folders and subfolders and I have to collapse each folder and subfolder in order to find the folder in which I would like to file the e-mail (otherwise I have to scroll through hundreds of folders to reach the folder I want to file it in). This is EXTREMELY tedious and time consuming.

Is there a way to change the default settings on a BES Blackberry Bold so that the folder are defaulted to be collapsed instead of expanded?

If not, is there a software upgrade or update I can install that addresses this issue and sets the default to "collapsed"??

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I hope to get a resolution as there doesn't seem to be anyone anywhere online!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Orange UK

Hi,

Why don't you just type in the folder name instead of scrolling... It's so much quicker anyway.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiJ2000 View Post
Hi,

Why don't you just type in the folder name instead of scrolling... It's so much quicker anyway.

Great tip. I didn't even know I could do that!

Nevertheless, I have about 100 subfolders. That will work if I know the exact name of a folder (which isn't usually the case), but doesn't solve the problem if I don't.

Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.