BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Default 9700 Alarm Clock fail

Please Login to Remove!

Hi - I have had a quick look through the forum, and I haven't spotted another thread about this issue - but I offer my apologies if I've simply missed it.

I have a new 9700 - purchased two weeks ago. it's running the v5.0.0.321 (Platform 5.1.0.90) OS.

No issues with it at all, except for one - which is turning into a bit of a crucial one.

I set the alarm, switch the phone off, and go to sleep. In the morning, the alarm doesn't go off.

I've tried putting it in its cradle - same issue.

I've Played with the alarm settings from the options in the clock (and pressed the 'try' button - which works). But when I switch the phone off, the alarm doesn't go off.

I've looked through ALL of the sound profile settings to make sure I haven't inadvertantly set it up to clash with another profile - and they're all fine.

It's a bit of a pain, and a shame that it's such a simple issue on an otherwise awesome phone.

any ideas from the brains trust that could help me out here?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Carrier: Bell Mobility

A quick thought would be, make sure you aren't doing a full power off. Try one of 2 things. Hold the power button until it says device shutting off, next on time {your alarm}. Or in the main menu, click power, then click Turn Off.

Also make sure in settings you don't have Auto On/Off settings that might be conflicting with this.

I'm still somewhat new to Blackberry, but I shut my phone off at night with an alarm set, and it definitely turns on properly.

One last thought, install the Desktop Manager and update your software. Your version is a bit of out date.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the reply.

I am definitely powering it down properly: I get the 'next time on' message.

I realise now I didn't describe the problem properly. The phone powers on at the correct time - it just doesn't emit any sounds, which is a bit useless for an alarm clock.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

Make sure you didn't get stuck in bedside mode or have your profile set to quiet. Either of those things can stop notifications.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Model: 8100
Carrier: NUNYA

It's unrelated to the powering off. I've had the alarm fail on my 9700 several times. I've set it for 5 minutes away and sat and watched it to see if it would alarm, and it does not about 60% of the time.

It's a boog.

Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.