BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/)
-   -   Cant find an option (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/222095-cant-find-option.html)

Shwoarma 03-16-2010 05:54 PM

Cant find an option

Hello all,

Quick help needed,

I had to reinstall device software today.

Prior to that my Bold used to show owner information when I locked it.

Since the reinstall the screen just goes black when i lock it.

I have set all the owner information to be correct but I can't find the option to actually display it when it is locked.

Any ideas where the option is???

aiharkness 03-16-2010 06:34 PM

Wirelessly posted

I don't remember a setting and I can't find one now.

I guess you've tried a battery pull?

What about changing your wallpaper just as a test?

NJBlackBerry 03-16-2010 06:37 PM

What theme are you using? Perhaps it is theme related (I also don't recall seeing that option).

Shwoarma 03-16-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1580689)
Wirelessly posted

I don't remember a setting and I can't find one now.

I guess you've tried a battery pull?

What about changing your wallpaper just as a test?

Yeah tried that, think I may have found the answer on crackberry (here http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-...-scren-435933/ ) seems the latest software only allows the user information if locked with a password.

Odd that this feature disappeared when I did a wipe (PC crashed mid update and nuked it) and a fresh install.

aiharkness 03-16-2010 06:40 PM

Wirelessly posted

Interesting. Have always used password so never knew the difference.

By the way, password protection is a good thing for many reasons. You should do it.

Shwoarma 03-16-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1580694)
Wirelessly posted

By the way, password protection is a good thing for many reasons. You should do it.

Yeah I know just bad habits and lazy.

TheRinger 03-17-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shwoarma (Post 1580693)
Yeah tried that, think I may have found the answer on crackberry (here My owner or information doesn't display on home scren - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com ) seems the latest software only allows the user information if locked with a password.

Odd that this feature disappeared when I did a wipe (PC crashed mid update and nuked it) and a fresh install.

Not true. I have never used a password on my 9700, just lock it via the button on top. When i do, i see my owner info till the screen goes dark (10 seconds or so)

TheRinger 03-17-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1580694)
Wirelessly posted

Good thing if you habitually leave your phone laying around. Keep it on you at all times and no need to password it...

devnull 03-17-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRinger (Post 1581136)
Keep it on you at all times and no need to password it...

Accidents will always happen. Phones fall out of pockets and holsters. All it takes is one time. Better to be safe than sorry.

aiharkness 03-17-2010 04:34 PM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRinger
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shwoarma (Post 1580693)
Yeah tried that, think I may have found the answer on crackberry (here My owner or information doesn't display on home scren - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com ) seems the latest software only allows the user information if locked with a password.

Not true. I have never used a password on my 9700, just lock it via the button on top. When i do, i see my owner info till the screen goes dark (10 seconds or so)

Hah! I should have tested. I was too lazy to turn off password and see for my self. Still too lazy. I'll take your word for it.