BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default app comes to foreground

Please Login to Remove!

Hi -
I installed "InstaMapper" (free GPS tracking software) on my 9700 and it is able to run fine in the background. The problem is that every once in a while it just "pops" into the foreground... usually it is after the device has been sleeping a while and I push ANY button, or, at even more unpredictable moments... I was doing some web browsing yesterday, closed the browser, and InstaMapper popped into the foreground.

I've posted to the InstaMapper website and also to the GPS forum here, but I'm really thinking this has more to do with the BB OS (I'm running 5.0.0.405).

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I'd simply like InstaMapper to stay running in the background....
Old 05-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002 View Post
Hi -
I installed "InstaMapper" (free GPS tracking software) on my 9700 and it is able to run fine in the background. The problem is that every once in a while it just "pops" into the foreground... usually it is after the device has been sleeping a while and I push ANY button, or, at even more unpredictable moments... I was doing some web browsing yesterday, closed the browser, and InstaMapper popped into the foreground.

I've posted to the InstaMapper website and also to the GPS forum here, but I'm really thinking this has more to do with the BB OS (I'm running 5.0.0.405).

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I'd simply like InstaMapper to stay running in the background....
Hi, I've read your post about instamapper coming to foreground. I too have posted on instamapper forum, but to no avail!!! Have you had a chance to figure out how to get rid of this annoyance and always have the app run in the background? thanks oh and I have a BB curve 8530 and it's been working find except for this annoyance. Also do you happen to know where I can find the option to enable remote start/stop using sms? I've read in the forum that it was in the apps settings, but I can't find it!!! or on my phone for that matter.

Thanks a million!
Closed Thread