BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 0
Default BlackBerry Bold 9700 Email (Folder Redirection)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,

I've set up my Managing Directors BlackBerry earlier this week to our Microsoft Exchange 2003 server.

He's basically having problems with receiving his POP3 email which goes into a specific folder in his Microsoft Outlook.

I'm not sure if there's something I've missed...I did this for him last year when he was on a 8120 Pearl...set his BlackBerry up, selected the appropriate Folder Redirections that he sees on his Microsoft Outlook to go to his BlackBerry...but for some reason, when I do the same thing for his new 9700 Bold, he doesn't seem to see the emails that go into his POP3 Email that have a rule to go into a specific folder.

Send/Receive is automated every 5 minutes and when I send emails to his POP3 email address, I see it on his Outlook but not on his BlackBerry.

I'm totally stumped as to what I've done 'differently' :( Apart from the POP3 emails not showing in the folder, the Microsoft Exchange emails and everything else is showing and working nicely...but since the POP3 emails are of sales inquiries and projects, he's very annoyed.

Last edited by steve_c10 : 04-29-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

I assume there's nothing different I could do to remedy this?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
DZD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 2

If he has a POP3 email account with Yahoo or Gmail, why don't you just set it up directly via BIS? I use Folder Redirection to dictate which Outlook folders I "see" on the BlackBerry but I do NOT send my POP3 account to an Outlook folder. Does that require that the Outlook client be running so it only works when he is logged into Outlook?

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hi DZD,

My MD leaves his PC Computer on due to remote logging purposes and he requires his POP3 Email on both his BlackBerry and his Outlook.
Closed Thread