BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 97&81
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmob
Post Thanks: 0
Default Getting the Runaround Finally Ended

Please Login to Remove!

I have been having serious issues with my 9700 since I first got it (although it seems to have gotten worse lately). The phone is constantly dropping calls; when trying to place a call it seems to freeze, then the call fails without ever dialing out; reception cuts in and out, so I am always missing bits of conversations and others cannot hear me sometimes; the phone rarely works indoors; if I am moving, service cuts on and off.

I already replaced the phone after a month of use. The new phone has the same problems. I even replaced the card. I put my card in other phones and it works fine. I put my wife's card in my phone and the phone has the same problems.

Tmob was giving me the runaround for about a month. They were telling me it was my specific phone -- even though I already swapped it for a new one. They said the new one was defective as well (what are the chances of that?). They said I need to power my phone off and on all the time. They also suggested that I pull the battery every time the phone encounters issues -- as if that is a viable solution; my phone would be down half a business day every day.

Well, finally, I got a representative that came forward with the real problem. He said that MANY people with this phone are experiencing the same thing -- especially dropped and failed calls (despite the number of bars, just like me). He said that it is not specific to any one area it is occurring everywhere. He then told me that they are working on an update to fix the problems and it will be released on May 11th. I cannot wait.

I just wonder why none of the other representatives at Tmob (and BB support) told me about this in the first place. Did they not know? If they did not know, shouldn't they have? At least then I would have known a fix was on the way, instead of leaving me hanging.

Hopefully, this helps someone else experiencing the same issues who has been left hanging by their service provider.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15

Wirelessly posted

What the rep was talking about is tmo will be releasing an OS update on the 11th. At least that's the word. I haven't seen anything on what version, but I doubt it will be a version you couldn't already get from another carrier now if you wanted. It may be the version you could get now using the link in the latest OS thread for the 9700.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 97&81
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmob
Post Thanks: 0

If it the version provided at the latest OS post then I am out of luck, because that is what I was/am running on both phones. I really hope it is something different.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15

Wirelessly posted

Keep an eye on the 9700 forum at http://forums.t-mobile.com.

But don't get your hopes up. T-Mobile is not a leader when it comes to relasing OS updates. They may run last as far as I know.