BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default Help ! Calendar Entries in Duplicate/Triplicate

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone -

I just got my new BB 9700 last week, upgrading from a 8900 Curve. Everything was fine to start with, then I had some internet connection problems, which resulted in my network (02 via the Carphone Warehouse) suggesting and giving me a new SIM card. For some reason, since getting the new SIM card, my network no longer recognised me on their Email set up site (where I was advised to go to resend Service Books), so I had to set up my email accounts profile all over again with 02. This is now working fine.

However, when I tried to Sync with my PC just now (I use MS Outlook), it told me that I was attempting to change the default Calendar. Huh ? To cut a long story short, having completed the Sync, I now have nearly 2,000 more Calendar entries on my BB as a result, not to mention that changes I had already made on my BB Calendar are not showing up in Outlook. I have no idea how to correct this, how to delete the duplicates/triplicate entries which are really clogging up my BB and generally how to get back to a clean Sync that works both ends, as before. It is just the Calendar sync which is a problem, everything else works fine.

Please can someone help me - no-one at my service provider seems to have a clue.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: nacle of creation
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 4

Options>>> Advanced Options>>> Service Book

Delete Calendar service book [CICAL] except the one that you want to keep.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Smile Thanks

Thanks for your advice, with some jiggling around this seems to have helped resolve the issue. Grateful to you.

Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.