slight water damage, i think
So last night, I spilled some apple juice near my phone and it got a bit wet. I took out the battery and dried everything (although it was not wet under the battery door). I then turned my phone on, everything went fine and I charged it and went to bed.
Today, it was working fine and then all of a sudden turned off. This has happened before so I was not concerned. When I took out my battery I noticed that the white sticker for the water damage is a little pink. I have dropped previous phones in water and it was much pinker but this still concerns me.
I turned my phone back on and everything is working fine but I am still nervous that it is going to suddenly die because of the slight pink indicating water damage.
Any advice? I was told to not use the phone as often and just keep it on (since turning it on and off won't be good for it) but will this really help?
Read this, with emphasis on removing the battery IMMEDIATELY.
Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ
Additionally, since apple juice has sugar in it, you may have some residual sticky inside the device. You could wash or wipe your device with isopropyl alcohol if you want, and then thoroughly dry it according the to the advice in the link above.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.