BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Globul
Post Thanks: 0
Default Help pls!!! Menu bar

Please Login to Remove!

Hello. I have Bold 9780. When I bought it there was 1 menu row with icons on the bottom of the desktop. Now it's gone. How I can turn it on back cuz I want to see my favourite icons?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Help pls!!! Menu bar

Click on the bar below the empty row to restore the tray, or click "menu\options\open tray".

Under the options for the home screen settings, if you set the "number of icon rows" to 1 or 2, you'd always see either a single or double row of icons on the home screen, even if the tray is closed.

This part of the UI is one of the dumbest things RIM has even done to the BB UI...it's totally pointless and only adds keystrokes to your navigation on a BB. Feels as if it were written by some brainless idiot, who's only thought in life is "BLING", at any cost. Useless feature --

The whole home screen UI is pointless and stupid...with sideswipes that inadvertently take you from one folder to another, or up and down beyond where you wanted to go, and no way to lock the screen folders in place...it's simply a PITA to use now. I hate it. The rest of OS6 is great, but the home screens...they just suck. It's a giant step backwards. Are you listening RIM? Are your lights anywhere close to on??? Is there anyone home?? Give us the ability to lock the folder to the "ALL" folder so that we don't lose our cursors in another screen; one we don't even want to be in and then have to scramble back to the "All" folder, wasting valuable time.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Closed Thread