BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

View Poll Results: Which looks better honestly?
9780 27 75.00%
9700 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: DU
Posts: 309
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Cool My 9780 review!

Please Login to Remove!

I am so happy I bought this 9780! The keyboard is the best out there! I thought it was gonna be the same like my 9700 keyboard but although it looks similar, the keys are actually softer which makes typing on it even easier, anyone notice that?

Then comes OS 6, I had OS 6 on the 9700 and while it had a few glitches here and there, all of them were already fixed in the 9780, well I am not comparing them offcourse as it is not fair since the 9780's OS is official and the 9700 is only a leak but just stating that it had no bugs, (the 9700 is always gonna be my 2nd fav. phone)

Then comes the awesome camera with autofocus that is almost instantenous, there is no pause for a sec or two like there was with the 9700 it snaps pics instantly and they are veyr sharp!

Battery, on par with the 9700, couldn't imagine they could improve it any better as it was giving me 1.5 days usage with heavy usage or 2 days with moderate usage, that remained the same with the 9780.

9700 + 9780 batteres are the best in any BB IMHO.

Build quality, very sturdy, no squeaks aywhere, perfectly built BB with a study trackpad. I have noticed the latest devices like the Curve 3G and the Torch have weirdly placed trackpads, some are placed too deep so you can't reall feel em properly and some are raisd or bulged out so you can't really have any smooth motion as your finger tends to **** in the middle of the motion, this 9780 however had a perfectly aligned and placed trackpad.

Screen = very very crisp, although smaller than the Torch or 9000, the clarity remains specatular! I love it, I don't hink I need bigger, or smaller for that matter, the phones size and screen are perfect once you get accustomed to it. Plus, bear in mind, bigger screen will affect your battery negatively!

Honestly speaking, I still do think that the BOLD 9700 looks better due to the shiny chrome, maybe it's just me, but from a far distance, my 9780 looks like a Curve 8520

Just my 2 cents
Offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matrix Leader For This Useful Post:
Ancestor (12-23-2010), MobileMind (01-20-2011)
Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: DU
Posts: 309
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

no comments from anyone all these days?
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Matrix Leader For This Useful Post:
Ancestor (12-23-2010)
Old 12-18-2010, 04:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: uk
Model: 9780
OS: v6./294
PIN: 236B7E39
Carrier: vodafone UK
Posts: 74
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
no comments from anyone all these days?
Yep I agree with what you said, my keyboard has a almost soft but positive feel, better than my Curve. As to the chrome, That was one of the reasons I got it in white, The 9780 betters my curve by a Hundred miles, and ad for my storm don't even go there!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AlanJolin For This Useful Post:
Matrix Leader (12-18-2010)
Old 12-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: DU
Posts: 309
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJolin View Post
Yep I agree with what you said, my keyboard has a almost soft but positive feel, better than my Curve. As to the chrome, That was one of the reasons I got it in white, The 9780 betters my curve by a Hundred miles, and ad for my storm don't even go there!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Glad to know your experience, seems like you have tried a few BBs, good thoughts
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Matrix Leader For This Useful Post:
Ancestor (12-23-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Kimberlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Model: Z10
OS: 10
PIN: Ask Me
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Thanks for the review, my 9780 should be arriving tomorrow from UPS. I can hardly wait to get my hands on this baby......
Offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: DU
Posts: 309
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
Thanks for the review, my 9780 should be arriving tomorrow from UPS. I can hardly wait to get my hands on this baby......
Awesome!!
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Matrix Leader For This Useful Post:
Ancestor (12-23-2010)
Old 12-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

I love my 9780! It is the best BB I have owned! Nice review by the way.

Ancestor
Offline  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

For me BB9780 is the best as compares with 8900, 9000 , 9700 and 9800. For now BB9780 is primary and 9800 is secondary set for daily usage.
Cheers.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: FL
Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post

Battery, on par with the 9700, couldn't imagine they could improve it any better as it was giving me 1.5 days usage with heavy usage or 2 days with moderate usage, that remained the same with the 9780.
What do you consider is heavy usage?
Offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North of the 49th
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.534
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

The number of menu options and choices is fantastic. Camera is 100x better. Some of the menu shortcuts should've remained instead of being hidden within a sub-menu. Overall though I like it much better than my 9700. Now if they would just fix the PayPal app
Offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Arlen_Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: china unicom
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
no comments from anyone all these days?
haha,i got my 9780 white from rogers these days,and it works well,my ex-bb is 9000,and i love them both. one promble,seems gps cant work,dont know why...
Offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Hi Tek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada, Nova Scotia
Model: 9700
OS: v5.0
PIN: 21569DD5
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 42
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

My 9780 (white) is being shipped UPS from Rogers. I'm currently on a 9700. Looking forward to my new berry after reading this thread =)
Offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Hi Tek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada, Nova Scotia
Model: 9700
OS: v5.0
PIN: 21569DD5
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 42
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

check your gps settings, and try using google maps
Offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telekom.de
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
I am so happy I bought this 9780! The keyboard is the best out there! I thought it was gonna be the same like my 9700 keyboard but although it looks similar, the keys are actually softer which makes typing on it even easier, anyone notice that?

Then comes OS 6, I had OS 6 on the 9700 and while it had a few glitches here and there, all of them were already fixed in the 9780, well I am not comparing them offcourse as it is not fair since the 9780's OS is official and the 9700 is only a leak but just stating that it had no bugs, (the 9700 is always gonna be my 2nd fav. phone)

Then comes the awesome camera with autofocus that is almost instantenous, there is no pause for a sec or two like there was with the 9700 it snaps pics instantly and they are veyr sharp!

Battery, on par with the 9700, couldn't imagine they could improve it any better as it was giving me 1.5 days usage with heavy usage or 2 days with moderate usage, that remained the same with the 9780.

9700 + 9780 batteres are the best in any BB IMHO.

Build quality, very sturdy, no squeaks aywhere, perfectly built BB with a study trackpad. I have noticed the latest devices like the Curve 3G and the Torch have weirdly placed trackpads, some are placed too deep so you can't reall feel em properly and some are raisd or bulged out so you can't really have any smooth motion as your finger tends to **** in the middle of the motion, this 9780 however had a perfectly aligned and placed trackpad.

Screen = very very crisp, although smaller than the Torch or 9000, the clarity remains specatular! I love it, I don't hink I need bigger, or smaller for that matter, the phones size and screen are perfect once you get accustomed to it. Plus, bear in mind, bigger screen will affect your battery negatively!

Honestly speaking, I still do think that the BOLD 9700 looks better due to the shiny chrome, maybe it's just me, but from a far distance, my 9780 looks like a Curve 8520

Just my 2 cents
I have had loads of different Blackberries but this is definitely my favourite. With OS6 and the browser improvements and the general look and feel of the OS its a significant improvement on my old 9700, 9000, 8310 and 8707v

The camera is significantly better with light and focus for example and in megapixel power!!

The battery life is good for such a powerful device and must be beating most devices out there by now. Might just be but it seems to take a little longer to charge that my last Blackberry.

When I first held it in my hand and compared it to a 9700 I thought it looked a little plastic and I missed the chrome band. But now I think I prefer the look and feel of the device cause it feels better in the hand.

The application memory upgrade is perhaps the biggest benefit of the device with about twice the application memory to play with. The 9700 is a little crowded with OS 6 loaded.

I did find the options menu a little confusing and gave up trying to find some things in the new arrangement but you can just type the name in search and it comes straight up. I guess thats a familiarity issue though.

Modem setup seemed easier and I like the way the colours and menus work on the new OS.

There is my 2 zents worth.
Offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Does the white 9780 key pad get dirty easily or stain over time from usage?

I am considering upgrading from my black 9700 specifically for the 5MP camera, the color and the memory increase (since my 9700 running OS6 seem to run out of memory if I open more than three web pages at a time).
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!
Offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Howard S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Blue Bell, PA
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.714
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 551
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Does the white 9780 key pad get dirty easily or stain over time from usage?

I am considering upgrading from my black 9700 specifically for the 5MP camera, the color and the memory increase (since my 9700 running OS6 seem to run out of memory if I open more than three web pages at a time).
How much memory do you have after booting? Some people have found it very useful to shrink the OS6 installation to have more memory to work with.
__________________
Howard
Offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Have only had mine for three days and I love it...enjoyed stomping on my Storm once I wiped it!!!
Offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: My 9780 review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Does the white 9780 key pad get dirty easily or stain over time from usage?

I am considering upgrading from my black 9700 specifically for the 5MP camera, the color and the memory increase (since my 9700 running OS6 seem to run out of memory if I open more than three web pages at a time).
Camera is awesome.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: My 9780 review!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BlackBerry Bold 9780 Coming Soon to Vodafone UK Superh3ro Rumor Mill 1 08-26-2010 05:04 PM
1st review 9105 PaulOckenden General 9100 Series Discussion - Pearl2 5 07-31-2010 12:37 PM
Review: Fortte BlackBerry 8800 / 8830 Lateral Pouch Case - BerryReview Entropy666 BBF Reviews 0 08-01-2007 10:50 AM
Review: BEIKS English Dictionary Gold for BlackBerry - BerryReview Entropy666 BBF Reviews 0 08-01-2007 10:46 AM
Review: PocketDay Personal / Professional Part III - Final Verdict - BerryReview Entropy666 BBF Reviews 0 07-03-2007 02:19 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.