BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/)
-   -   How Do I Hide Only Certain BIS Icons? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/247663-how-do-i-hide-only-certain-bis-icons.html)

DaCurryman 04-18-2011 02:20 PM

How Do I Hide Only Certain BIS Icons?

Hey all, I used to have a Bold 9700 w/ OS 5 and lost it, so now I have a Bold 9780 with OS 6 and so I'm still trying to get used to some of it. I did a search (here and Google), but couldn't find what I was looking for so maybe one of you could help.

On my 9700, I had 1 BES account and 2 BIS accounts. One of the BIS accounts is just for Facebook, so I can get the app notifications on my phone, but I don't need to ever read the actual e-mail messages that come into it. For that reason I used to "hide" that icon to save myself space. The other BIS account would still have it's icon and all was merry.

Now on the 9780, I'm trying to do the same, but when I hide the Facebook BIS account, it hides my other BIS account icon as well. It's like an all or nothing when it comes to the BIS account icons. I can't figure out how to just show the icon for my non-Facebook BIS account.

Is there any fix for this or option I'm not seeing? Thanks in advance.

ODONGO 04-19-2011 05:27 AM

Re: How Do I Hide Only Certain BIS Icons?

User the option from the BB HH of hidding the Icons
on home page click the ALT key or press the BB menu button you will see the option of "HIDE" . use this to hide all icons . after doing this uncheck the "Show all " option

this is how u will hide icons on the BBHH

djm2 04-19-2011 08:09 AM

Or you can move the unnecessary icons into a separate folder. I call mine "Not_Needed" so that I am always reminded that there is other "stuff" on the BB.

DaCurryman 04-19-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODONGO (Post 1715487)
User the option from the BB HH of hidding the Icons
on home page click the ALT key or press the BB menu button you will see the option of "HIDE" . use this to hide all icons . after doing this uncheck the "Show all " option

this is how u will hide icons on the BBHH

Thanks, but I know how to hide icons. The issue is that hiding one is hiding another that I don't want hidden.

DaCurryman 04-19-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1715540)
Or you can move the unnecessary icons into a separate folder. I call mine "Not_Needed" so that I am always reminded that there is other "stuff" on the BB.

This is seeming to be my only option. I don't get why BB would have changed this. It's really annoying.