BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Post Thanks: 0
Default red led and black screen

Please Login to Remove!

Helo, could you help me please? I have a problem, my 9700 bold has a black screen with the red led apearing and desapearing. I tried to wipe it and it says error "unable to open port". I tried hundreds time but didn't wipe. When I started the apploader it worked untill the step "wait for device initialization and in that point gaved me the message "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password if required and click Enter". I searched on the forum and changed the folder for Jl_Cmder using Command Prompt and gived the "-uwipe" command, and they say I could start loading the os again but it showed the same problems. I have more than 48 hours trying to solve this. I tried many advices but nothing worked yet. I changed four usb cabled, swiched off the battery fifty times and nothing. What should I do? Can you give an advice? Thank you from my heart!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Appleinator

Model: App5
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Post Thanks: 54
Default Re: red led and black screen

What did you do just before this began occurring?

Did you drop it or get it wet?

Have you done a battery pull - with the device on, remove the battery for 30-60 seconds, reinsert and let it reboot.

Have you removed the SD card and SIM and then reinserted the SIM and rebooted?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread