BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts

Please Login to Remove!

Bold 9700
Version 6.0.0.534

For some reason, I can't unsynch my contacts from gmail. I have removed my gmail account from the BB and am trying to get my contacts back to synching with Outlook via desktop manager but options is only allowing me to select [email address] account (which isn't even on the phone anymore).

Any ideas?
Offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.480
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 103
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
Bold 9700
Version 6.0.0.534

For some reason, I can't unsynch my contacts from gmail. I have removed my gmail account from the BB and am trying to get my contacts back to synching with Outlook via desktop manager but options is only allowing me to select [email address] account (which isn't even on the phone anymore).

Any ideas?
Try going to Options>Device>Advanced>Service Books and deleting the service books for gmail.
Offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonkotheSane View Post
Try going to Options>Device>Advanced>Service Books and deleting the service books for gmail.
No luck on this after doing it then reboot.

>All>Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services>Contact List (SYNC): doesn't allow any other selection then the [email address] account that no longer exists.

Mobile synch (in Options for Contact list) is NOT checked (but, again the gmail account is shown with no way to remove it.
Offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.480
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 103
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
No luck on this after doing it then reboot.

>All>Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services>Contact List (SYNC): doesn't allow any other selection then the [email address] account that no longer exists.

Mobile synch (in Options for Contact list) is NOT checked (but, again the gmail account is shown with no way to remove it.
This is a stupid question, but I have to ask: did you check the Organizer Data box under Device Options in the desktop manager?
Offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonkotheSane View Post
This is a stupid question, but I have to ask: did you check the Organizer Data box under Device Options in the desktop manager?
Yes.
Offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts

For what it's worth...

I wiped the phone, & installed 6.0.0.546.

No idea what was the actual cause of the problem though.

Last edited by bahurd : 05-17-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Can't 'unsynch' GMAIL contacts
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GMail contacts - added names to my contacts without them. rambo47 General BlackBerry Discussion 2 01-14-2011 04:43 PM
Gmail ruined my contacts list-a complex problem dr 997 General BlackBerry Discussion 16 06-13-2010 03:10 AM
bb gmail enter/edit contacts joemz General BlackBerry Discussion 3 03-27-2009 04:07 PM
Getting Gmail contacts onto my 8830 without typing it all??? jdlippi General Legacy Device Discussion 2 08-30-2007 04:36 PM
A Nice GMail App for 8700 - Message inbox work around weka General Legacy Device Discussion 1 01-07-2007 08:20 AM

CC8: Genuine OEM Apple Mac LONG DVI to VGA Video Adapter Cable 603-2120/591-011
$9.34
CC8:  Genuine OEM Apple Mac LONG DVI to VGA Video Adapter Cable 603-2120/591-011 pictureLot of 2 Vintage Genuine OEM Nukote BM160 Ribbon Apple Imagewriter NEC PC8023A
$12.75
Lot of 2 Vintage Genuine OEM Nukote BM160 Ribbon Apple Imagewriter NEC PC8023A pictureOEM Part HARD Drive assembly 250mb SCSI Oerlikon 901-416 APPLE iTRADE-AG with c
$137.5
OEM Part HARD Drive  assembly 250mb SCSI Oerlikon 901-416 APPLE iTRADE-AG with c pictureSeagate 750GB 7200 RPM 3.5" ST3750640NS OEM Apple Hard Drive Wiped
$35.99
Seagate 750GB 7200 RPM 3.5Lot of 3 Wiped Seagate 750GB 7200 RPM 3.5" ST3750640NS OEM Apple Hard Drives
$89.99
Lot of 3 Wiped Seagate 750GB 7200 RPM 3.5






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.