BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default Major Problems with new Software upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Hi -

Re: new software upgrade to 6.0 bundle 2534 v6.0.0.570
I have a BB Bold 9700, via Carphone Warehouse on O2 (UK).

I just downloaded this software update via the desktop manager. It has changed several things I did not wish to change, some of them without any explanation as to how to revert to what I had before. Some of these glitches I am discovering as I go along, some I can just about work out how to remedy. But for others.....

One thing it did is duplicate all my calendar entries, using different email addresses as default calendar addresses. I never had this with the previous software. Also, I am having trouble entering a new calendar entry on a day where there is already an "all day" entry.

I guess the more we rely on these little machines for everything, the more we suffer when things go wrong. Does anyone have any clues as to what to do ? Carphone Warehouse could not help and accessing anyone at BB seems impossible. I wish BB would test these updates more thoroughly and/or at least offer comprehensive guidelines to customers alongside the downloads.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15
Default Re: Major Problems with new Software upgrade

RIM does test, of course, and so do the carrier's for the versions they release.

On you calendar issue, I suspect what happened was your default CICAL and CIME after the upgrade was different than the defaults beforehand, and you have duplicated your calendar entries in the second caledar. If that is the case, you can correct the problem by first setting your defaults to the settings you want to use, and then delete the calendar database for the other calendar.

If you want to go back to OS 5, you can do. Just search for instructions on downgrading the OS. You will find. Check blackberryfaq.com.