BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 69
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Please Login to Remove!

i am looking for instructions on how to do a complete "wipe" of my 9780 and load the specific software that i select?

i used jlcmdr or whatever its called....that wiped my bb clean no problem....but then when i tried to load the latest software by using the links here and using the apploader it would not do it....

the only way i could load new software was to run the desktop manager/software and that would only let me load the software from my specific carrier....

is this normal???
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,766
Post Thanks: 16
Thanked 504 Times in 490 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Did you delete the vendor file as instructed? Did you search and make sure you deleted every instance of the vendor file?
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 69
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

yes i did delete the vendor file and i deleted EVERYTHING off my PC before starting including the entire RIM folder...after i update using the desktop software then the apploader will work....
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,036
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

To wipe using Jl_cmdr, see our FAQ. For reloading the OS, see the section for your device, 8300 according to your profile (9700 according to the post) and select an OS for your specific device. the instructions are also there. Follow them exactly.

And please update your profile if you are now using something other than an 8310.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 69
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
To wipe using Jl_cmdr, see our FAQ. For reloading the OS, see the section for your device, 8300 according to your profile (9700 according to the post) and select an OS for your specific device. the instructions are also there. Follow them exactly.

And please update your profile if you are now using something other than an 8310.
i have followed the instructions exactly, thats why i am asking for further advice....im not looking to be spoon fed here....

i dont see why the info on my profile has anything to do with my questions....i also have an 8310....

what difference does it make whats on my profile when im asking specific questions about the 9780 and even specified that in my post??

i am also posting the questions in the bold section so its pretty obvious by my post what phone and model number i am refering to....

what did you not understand??
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,766
Post Thanks: 16
Thanked 504 Times in 490 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1 View Post
....but then when i tried to load the latest software by using the links here and using the apploader it would not do it....
So all instances of the vendor file are gone....I think you need to give some detail on what you are doing and what you see happening. You download and run the OS package, run apploader....and what happens? Error messages?

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but I have to ask. Are you sure your BlackBerry is the model that you think it is, and did you download the OS for that model?
__________________
- Ira

Last edited by aiharkness : 09-17-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,036
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1 View Post
i have followed the instructions exactly, thats why i am asking for further advice....im not looking to be spoon fed here....

i dont see why the info on my profile has anything to do with my questions....i also have an 8310....

what difference does it make whats on my profile when im asking specific questions about the 9780 and even specified that in my post??

i am also posting the questions in the bold section so its pretty obvious by my post what phone and model number i am refering to....

what did you not understand??
Kindly drop the attitude. We don't need it.

You asked for instructions on how to wipe. That is what is in the links. I saw that you tried Jl_cmdr, but posted the link just in case. You also asked for instructions on loading the OS. I told you where those were. I am not a mind reader.

It makes a difference the next time if you forget to say which model. We like our members to keep their profiles up to date.

You would be surprised at how many people post in the wrong section. And there are several different Bold models. Knowing the exact model and OS plays a big role in trying to diagnose problems.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub : 09-17-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,036
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Have you tried BBSAK to see if that will load the OS correctly?
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 69
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

well to answer the questions....

yes i am sure my phone is a 9780 and im sure i have downloaded the proper software for it....i have verified this by the file name that i download which starts with "9780" and its the newest version in the stickies above....

i start by deleting all blackberry downloads off my computer.....i even completely delete the entire research in motion folder....

next i wipe my bb using jlcmdr which works fine....

next i download the software from the link above in the stickies....

next i double click on that file and it loads it to my computer and creates the research in motion folder....

i have loaded many files before so i know the process....

next i delete the vendor file....then in the same window double click the loader....

the loader works normal until i get to the window where it normally lists all of the apps and software....in this window i get a messege that says something like "no software on device contact your service provider"

the only way i can load ANY software is to use the desktop manager/software....but using the desktop software it will only allow my to load the latest software from my specific carrier....it wont let me load the software that i have downloaded above....

so basically my question is....how can i load the latest software in the stickies immediately after i do a wipe??....or is it even possible??
Offline  
Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.163
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 4,351
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 249 Times in 240 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

What you still keep avoiding answering is if you have searched your entire computer for other instances of the vendor.xml files. Some of the newer installations put copies in other places on the computer.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,766
Post Thanks: 16
Thanked 504 Times in 490 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1 View Post
well to answer the questions....

yes i am sure my phone is a 9780 and im sure i have downloaded the proper software for it....i have verified this by the file name that i download which starts with "9780" and its the newest version in the stickies above....

i start by deleting all blackberry downloads off my computer.....i even completely delete the entire research in motion folder....

next i wipe my bb using jlcmdr which works fine....

next i download the software from the link above in the stickies....

next i double click on that file and it loads it to my computer and creates the research in motion folder....

i have loaded many files before so i know the process....

next i delete the vendor file....then in the same window double click the loader....

the loader works normal until i get to the window where it normally lists all of the apps and software....in this window i get a messege that says something like "no software on device contact your service provider"

the only way i can load ANY software is to use the desktop manager/software....but using the desktop software it will only allow my to load the latest software from my specific carrier....it wont let me load the software that i have downloaded above....

so basically my question is....how can i load the latest software in the stickies immediately after i do a wipe??....or is it even possible??
You indicate you deleted a vendor.xml file......That's why I asked above if you deleted ALL vendor files. I was thinking of Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file!. Check out that post and see if it is the answer.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 69
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Okay I will check that out today, thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 158
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1 View Post
Okay I will check that out today, thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
lol, So what did you end up doing? Were you able to fix it?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: How to do a "wipe" and load software ?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to load Spy Software onto a Sprint Blackberry 8830 dbenders Aftermarket Software 24 07-14-2009 05:04 PM
Cannot load handheld software from BES Eug_Tech Hardware & Accessories 1 03-13-2009 03:24 PM
device software package download to load apps? Tritan General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve 5 05-17-2008 06:24 PM
Unable to load device software after nuking - please help... martsyr General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl 3 01-03-2008 07:08 AM
Trying to load VERSION 4.0 software to my BlackBerry 7750... RZOCONNOR RIM Software 5 04-12-2006 06:03 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.