BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Post Thanks: 0
Default slow/reset connection wifi

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there - I have a 9780 which I got about 2/52 ago. In general I'm extremely happy with it particularly the battery time. My issue is with my home wifi setup. When my wife connects to it to access the internet she has no problems with speed, dropped conncetions etc on a HTC wildfire. Nor does my daughter with either an Ipod or a nokia N900. However when I connect using the wifi I more often than not have to try connecting to a web page 2-3 times before I get there often receivng the message - server timeout or unable to find requested server. This happens on all sites I visit including this one. However when I connect via 3 or 2g there's no issue and I'm generally straight there with no speed/download issues. My phone is running o/s 6 bundle 2647. Any help appreciated.
I did do a search which turned up a few issues but none which seemed to specifically address this one.
If it helps the router was supplied by sky (uk) and is a d link.

G
Closed Thread