BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/)
-   -   LostMy Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/258770-lostmy-bold.html)

LostMyBlackberry 04-01-2012 05:18 PM

LostMy Bold

Anyone please.. My Bold Has been stolen.. I DO NOT have any app/program installed on it so i can track it's location.. I Do have the IMEI# and PIN.. Is there any program I can install on my computer to locate this phone.. I'm From Curacao, Netherlands Antilles (Caribean) and there is a policy here that the SP will only block your phone for use, but they won't track it so you can find.. Your help would be very much appreciated

tsac 04-01-2012 05:24 PM

Re: LostMy Bold

nothing can be done by you except I would call the carrier now. they can shut off service. try calling the phone.

LostMyBlackberry 04-01-2012 05:29 PM

Thanks for the reply.. I already got a new blackberry but I still refuse to give up on the stolen one.. I really want to atleast know who took it.. And yes my carrier can shut it off.. But I told them not to.. I want them to track it, but they won't do it.. Policy BS

tsac 04-01-2012 05:31 PM

So right now put Blackberry Protect on the new one. Appworld download and it will also do auto backups. the location service pinpoints my BB exactly within about 20 feet. One amazing free app.

LostMyBlackberry 04-01-2012 05:38 PM

I got the new one fully protected now.. A little late actually.. Should have had it on the old one :(.. But I hope such a tracking app will be invented soon.. I really want to know who's got it

tsac 04-01-2012 05:50 PM

some carriers offer GPS tracking service. You might check with the carrier and see if it's available. ATT does for parents etc.

LostMyBlackberry 04-01-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1773575)
some carriers offer GPS tracking service. You might check with the carrier and see if it's available. ATT does for parents etc.

They Just won't do any tracking.. and I'm well informed that they can.. Policy is they only track phones that are being investigated in criminal acts

tsac 04-01-2012 06:23 PM

No , the service i'm suggesting is one available for a fee. Generally parents use it to track their kids. If the phone is still on and the service is available maybe you can locate the BB. All depends on your carrier offering it. As I said ATT does. It's was not intended for lost phones but will also work for locating the phone.

incrediable 04-12-2012 09:22 PM

Try calling on your number gone with your phone and make things up like.. bingo... you've won 1 million USD or blah blah blah.
use creativity.

hollister 04-21-2012 12:41 PM

sucks!

dc/dc 04-22-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollister (Post 1775616)
sucks!

Really helpful. (n)