BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/)
-   -   Please Help Blackberry won't boot (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/260373-please-help-blackberry-wont-boot.html)

macbookpro99 07-05-2012 05:09 PM

Please Help Blackberry won't boot

Hi,
So I've had this blackberry bold 9700 from 2 years and it was working perfectly until today.
It wouldn't boot up for some odd reason, I did try to reboot, remove the battery and then put it and all that sh*t of RIM.
Nothing worked and it is still not working.
If i Plug it in the charger with the battery on it says no battery and it don't boot.
what can this mean?
please help me as I really need this BB to boot as I have important things in it and I really don't want to buy another phone.

Dubdub 07-05-2012 05:49 PM

Re: Please Help Blackberry won't boot

Sounds to me like the battery is dead and needs to be replaced. Did you let it run down past 20% more than a few times? Lithium batteries do not like to get below 20% regularly.

Did you drop the device or get it wet?

What was the last thing you did to the device before this happened?

aiharkness 07-05-2012 07:08 PM

Yep. It could be battery. Nothing to be mad about. The batteries don't last forever.

If that's it and you get the BlackBerry running with another battery, before you do anything else, BACK IT UP, and repeat regularly.

macbookpro99 07-05-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1781959)
Yep. It could be battery. Nothing to be mad about. The batteries don't last forever.

If that's it and you get the BlackBerry running with another battery, before you do anything else, BACK IT UP, and repeat regularly.

No it is not the battery I did change it and its still not working
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

macbookpro99 07-05-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1781950)
Did you drop the device or get it wet?

What was the last thing you did to the device before this happened?

I did got the device wet but I left it to dry and it worked then perfectly, but after a while the buttons started to have some weird behaviour so I disambeled the device and then re-assembeld it and it worked, but then I booted it up again and it stopped working

Dubdub 07-05-2012 10:17 PM

Water damage ! If you didn't let it dry in a bag of uncooked rice for 4-5 days, then it is most likely a goner. I hope you have a backup of your data. I would try a new OEM battery and if that doesn't work, it is probably time to get a new BB.

aiharkness 07-06-2012 06:27 AM

Agree. Odds are the device is dead.