BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How dare RIM do this to us

Please Login to Remove!

How dare they do this kind of trick to us. Hype up this phone then land a big turd on the door step.

Putting in a processor that was around last Christmas hahah what a joke. What is the gpu in this thing? I would love to see it's bench mark scores.

How long more can we hold onto buying phones from this company, I can't believe what I am seeing
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

No one is forcing you.



Besides, after your previous posts, you'll likely be locked up and can't use it anyway.
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: I747
OS: 4.1.1
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,340
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 117 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
How long more can we hold onto buying phones from this company, I can't believe what I am seeing
I will continue buying phones made by RIM because they fits my needs just fine. If they don't fit yours, move along and find one that does. Sheesh.
__________________
The Search tool and BlackBerryFAQ answer many questions.
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
VRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hensley, Arkansas
Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Don't understand why you are so surprised. The specs have been out for months.
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
How dare they do this kind of trick to us. Hype up this phone then land a big turd on the door step.

Putting in a processor that was around last Christmas hahah what a joke. What is the gpu in this thing? I would love to see it's bench mark scores.

How long more can we hold onto buying phones from this company, I can't believe what I am seeing
I agree with you, 100%. Let's start a class action lawsuit. They always work. We'll get rich!
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

I, too, am disappointed. I mean, how dare they not offer this device on Sprint. I mean, really.

No, really.

No.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Model: 9600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not sure what everyone is pissed about. RIM is keeping their identity while at the same time managing to keep up with the rivals. Do we really want RIM to reinvent itself in a desperate attempt to lure the masses? RIM has stuck to whats brought them to the game while slowly but surely bringing the flash. I'm sure the lag on the OS will be remedied with an update in the very near future, then all will be well.
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
[IFC]Area51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC Konkrete Jungle
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 494
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaptor View Post
Don't understand why you are so surprised. The specs have been out for months.
Exactly or give RIM an opportunity to please your needs with future handheld unveilings.
__________________
BlackBerry 9650 6.0.0.280
Platform 4.4.0.185
|...................Sprint..................|
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t
Posts: 286
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky222114 View Post
You can choose not buying their products. I think it is nice
it's not an option, but this sucks!!! I was looking forward to hdmi out, dlna, 3G+ plus hsupda, super amoled screen, 1 ghz or 1.2 ghz processor and 768 or 1 gb ram. Wtf RIM!!!!
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
The-Red-Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
it's not an option, but this sucks!!! I was looking forward to hdmi out, dlna, 3G+ plus hsupda, super amoled screen, 1 ghz or 1.2 ghz processor and 768 or 1 gb ram. Wtf RIM!!!!
So I guess you're not going to be waiting in line now?
Offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,165
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Damn, and I thought it was going to wash my dishes too.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Henderson, KY
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.148
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 178
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry Tooth View Post
Not sure what everyone is pissed about. RIM is keeping their identity while at the same time managing to keep up with the rivals. Do we really want RIM to reinvent itself in a desperate attempt to lure the masses? RIM has stuck to whats brought them to the game while slowly but surely bringing the flash. I'm sure the lag on the OS will be remedied with an update in the very near future, then all will be well.
I would agree with you on some level...but I don't think rim is keeping up in the game in more. The are looking more and more like palm when the treo started to fade. While they have great devices ios and android have come in and ran away with the game. And the 9800 looks just like what the palm pre did to me when it came out. You have a tone of hope fore it but at the end of the day you know its not enough of a game change from rim to stay in the fight. Rim is going to have to bring some heat and soon or they will in up another palm like story. (And I say this with a said huge frown on my face I love the blackberry brand and have been a long time user but they no longer or offering the superior device. )
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
gtivr6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carpentersville, Illinois
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 131
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My 2 cents.

It depends on what your looking for.

Are you looking for a phone with absolute rock solid secure calls, data and text,
then the Blackberry is for you. If its secure enough for the President of
the United States, I'm sure its secure enough for me too.

In fact its so secure, the middle east is going to ban Blackberrys because
they cant snoop on them and see what people in their country are shareing
or talking about.

And with just about everyone putting every possible bit of personal
information on their phones, I deffinetly want mine as secure as possible.

Anything else is a toy IMO. If you really need a big fat screen and HDMI, and
1.2g cpu, and thousands of apps (some good, some a waste of time), then
you probably want to look at something else or get a laptop.

Now in the news, iPhone has a new threat, they are totaly hackable!
D'uh! It was never desigend to be a secure device for communication.
Its an iPod that has been modified to make phone calls.

It boils down to if you like what Blackberry is offering, fine.
If you don't, thats fine too.

Its free world, its your choice.
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Joshiyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.526
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
it's not an option, but this sucks!!! I was looking forward to hdmi out, dlna, 3G+ plus hsupda, super amoled screen, 1 ghz or 1.2 ghz processor and 768 or 1 gb ram. Wtf RIM!!!!
All of these options are probably destin for the first RIM LTE device whenever that is.
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 239
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm sure if RIM were to put a huge 4.5" display and a 1ghz processor on this phone to please you, you'd also be the first one to come back and complain about the terrible battery life...those things come at a cost.
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Henderson, KY
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.148
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 178
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtivr6r View Post
My 2 cents.

It depends on what your looking for.

Are you looking for a phone with absolute rock solid secure calls, data and text,
then the Blackberry is for you. If its secure enough for the President of
the United States, I'm sure its secure enough for me too.

In fact its so secure, the middle east is going to ban Blackberrys because
they cant snoop on them and see what people in their country are shareing
or talking about.

And with just about everyone putting every possible bit of personal
information on their phones, I deffinetly want mine as secure as possible.

Anything else is a toy IMO. If you really need a big fat screen and HDMI, and
1.2g cpu, and thousands of apps (some good, some a waste of time), then
you probably want to look at something else or get a laptop.

Now in the news, iPhone has a new threat, they are totaly hackable!
D'uh! It was never desigend to be a secure device for communication.
Its an iPod that has been modified to make phone calls.

It boils down to if you like what Blackberry is offering, fine.
If you don't, thats fine too.

Its free world, its your choice.
While your totally right in terms of it being a secure device favored among the IT admins RIM can't bank on that long term. I work for a health care IT solutions provider and a year ago if you asked would and iphone be avil in on of our environments the answer would have been a definite no. But this is has changed and inroads are being made in this space we have small groups of physicians now carring iphones and the numbers are changing on a daily bases and the demand is there. Our own government has iphone offerings for officials now. The iphone and any other device can be locked down to satisfaction (does this make them unhackable or better choose no). They need to make moves to stay relevant.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by *&)) : 08-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Florida
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.337
Carrier: Evil Globe
Posts: 47
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ha...the 624 MHz processor is in the 9000 (almost 2 years old) :/
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlackAv View Post
ha...the 624 MHz processor is in the 9000 (almost 2 years old) :/
Yeah, so?
The MER has only a 20 Mhz processor. That thing has been exploring the surface of Mars since 2003.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
elkabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone know how this device will play with the BES? I called T-Support this AM and they had no idea whether any BES patches will be required to address all of the new features and capabilities (via Policy) that come with OS 6.0 and its devices.
__________________
If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk! - Tuco
Offline  
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.205
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 523
Post Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
How dare they do this kind of trick to us. Hype up this phone then land a big turd on the door step.

Putting in a processor that was around last Christmas hahah what a joke. What is the gpu in this thing? I would love to see it's bench mark scores.

How long more can we hold onto buying phones from this company, I can't believe what I am seeing
UMMMMMM...... WHAT?


As other said, you don't like it don't buy it.

You think it's a joke, so go buy yourself an iPhone or Droid or that new Samsung phone that is 3x more powerful than any other phone or whatever.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.