BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #61 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 225
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBoozy View Post
you mean you cant simply search the website yourself and find it, you want me to spoon feed it you? :( lol
um, searching for "blackberry 9800 torch case" brings up 16 cases, none of which I can see say anything regarding being recommended by crackberry?

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases
Offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #62 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 225
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscobear View Post
I'm using the Seidio Innocase, after seeing the poor reviews on Otterbox I went back to Seidio. They worked well for my 8900 and I am using the screen protector and case for my Torch
The Seidio Innocase does look good! Question: the top part, the part that clips onto the slider screen, is it a sturdy clipon that does not come off easily, and are the clips themselves pretty solid, hard-to-break? Do you think it will last a long time, even after the rare fall to the ground? Hope so!
Offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 225
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan62969 View Post
um, searching for "blackberry 9800 torch case" brings up 16 cases, none of which I can see say anything regarding being recommended by crackberry?

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases
Do you mean this case as found on crackberry?

Mobi Products Hard Shell Case for BlackBerry Torch 9800 - ShopCrackBerry
Offline  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #64 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Georgia
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.450
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endure161 View Post
After waiting too long to get it I am very unhappy with the Otterbox. Even with a lot of fiddling with it, the phone acts screwy and locks up so that I have to do a battery pull. After several attempts (really wanted this to work) I gave up on it. Guess I will try something else....
After looking at the Otterbox sitting on my desk for a few days I decided to make one last attempt before throwing it in the trash. Using scissors I cut the rubber on each side of the top buttons - that made them into flaps hinged on the back. A little more trimming on the rubber at the top and the interference with the buttons was gone. Now my Torch functions correctly in the Otterbox. Guess I will keep until I see another case that works better. Now I wish I had some kind of holster for it so it doesn't stay loose in my pocket...
Offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #65 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9900
OS: .439
PIN: 28422500
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 22
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscobear View Post
I'm using the Seidio Innocase, after seeing the poor reviews on Otterbox I went back to Seidio. They worked well for my 8900 and I am using the screen protector and case for my Torch
I agree I use innocase combo and its great! Sometimes I use it without the holster and put it in my pocket. It helps prevent me from unlocking my phone while its in my pocket. Otterbox broke within 7 days without even dropping it.

Last edited by smane30 : 10-19-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Georgia
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.450
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endure161 View Post
After looking at the Otterbox sitting on my desk for a few days I decided to make one last attempt before throwing it in the trash. Using scissors I cut the rubber on each side of the top buttons - that made them into flaps hinged on the back. A little more trimming on the rubber at the top and the interference with the buttons was gone. Now my Torch functions correctly in the Otterbox. Guess I will keep until I see another case that works better. Now I wish I had some kind of holster for it so it doesn't stay loose in my pocket...
A followup on this. My Torch is working quite well in the Otterbox Commuter case after doing the trimming of the rubber that I described above. The trick is to trim enough to avoid the rubber "buttons" binding and keeping pressure on the BB's lock button. Mine would occasionally bind and cause the phone to stay locked and act screwy. A bit more trimming to be sure that the rubber flap can spring back without binding and the Torch works great in the case. Now if I just had a good holster that fits...
Offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #67 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
lrdiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North America
Model: 9900
OS: 7
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 217
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Crackberry online store has a BB Torch case. Just got mine, along with the dock station.
Offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Model: Z10
OS: 10
PIN: 24E8FFE9
Carrier: AT&T + Movistar.ve
Posts: 173
Post Thanks: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The thing with the cases for the torch is how do you attach the case to the sliding part of the phone.
i saw many cases but the only one that had a rail so the sliding part attaches itself to the fixed part.
I did not see the Seidio Innocase for the torch but if it has the rail i'd switch tomorrow.
Offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #69 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodaphone
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

case mate is the one dj boozy is talking about
Offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #70 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
nunzi0044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 9810
OS: 7
Carrier: TMobile Unlocked
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had, one of those snap on cases like the seido and it just broke on the slider part. I have the dock craddle so I have to take both parts of the case off everytime I want to charge or sync because it wont fit with the case on. So annoying...I think I have no real alternative to protecting the phone because there isn't a well made case that I can use and I hate to keep buying crap cases that will just break. There isnt much holding onto the phone and wears out and breaks quick.

Anybody have the same issues, suggestions or solutions??????
What is everyone using and with what charging methods?
Offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #71 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 225
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzi0044 View Post
I had, one of those snap on cases like the seido and it just broke on the slider part. I have the dock craddle so I have to take both parts of the case off everytime I want to charge or sync because it wont fit with the case on. So annoying...I think I have no real alternative to protecting the phone because there isn't a well made case that I can use and I hate to keep buying crap cases that will just break. There isnt much holding onto the phone and wears out and breaks quick.

Anybody have the same issues, suggestions or solutions??????
What is everyone using and with what charging methods?
As noted above I've had similar issues, I think, but have been getting by with the bottom of a Beyond-made case and the top of a Amzer Luxe Soft Gel Skin Case, where the other parts of eac failed. Just charging by cable... And also too still looking forward to a case ideal for the Torch..,
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 7100t
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just got word my custom fortte case has shipped.. Went for a few extras so it was made special. From the pics on their site it seems to grab onto the bottom part so you can still slide the lcd touchscreen up after flipping the case open.

We'll see how secure it holds, and how convenient it will be with daily use but I've had great success with their cases and my 8700 so its worth a go for sure.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.