Bricked my new Torch
I think I bricked my new Torch and need some help wiping it. Here's what happened:
1. Installed Desktop Manager 6
2. Connected my Bold 9700. Selected "Switch Device" with all apps.
3. Connected the Torch. Halfway through the restore, Desktop Manager complains that my version of the Facebook app is incompatible and aborts the Switch Device Wizard.
4. The Torch reboots, but now hangs at the AT&T World Logo screen.
5. No amount of pulling the Torch's battery gets it to boot correctly.
I think if I can somehow wipe the Torch to factory defaults, I can redo the Switch Device wizard without the Facebook app. Problem is, the Torch isn't get to a point where I could even reload firmware. Desktop Manager doesn't recognize it all in this hung state.
Down load the latest OS here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...0-0-141-a.html
Follow the instructions to relaod the OS.
Do a Device upgrade but DO NOT include the Apps, only your data anpersonal settings.
Realod your apps 1 by1 for the Torch using the new BB Apps World 2.0.
The device is being recognized by Windows, so I at least have that going for me.
I'll give it a shot this afternoon and see how it goes.
Installed the new OS software, fired up Loader.exe, and am running into more issues.
The Loader Wizard is hanging on "Read Device Service Information"...specifically the "Connecting to Device" subtask.
The Torch itself shows only a solid white screen.
Ideas on how to continue at this point? Other than conclude the device is seriously fooked?
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
if that doesn't solve your problem....
What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
Thanks for your help...I'm back to having a working Torch. :D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.