10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing too. And the problem is still lingering around.
I did a "quick fix" yesterday. I thought the problem was solved ... BUT the problem came back. Here's what I quick fixed it yesterday:
1. Back up everything via desktop manager;
2. Security wipe the device so that the device is all clean;
3. At that point in time, I could go to "Profile Management" and add a custom profile. Like my previous devices, I could add different ringtones and alert tones (from BB's own collection or my own MP3's) ... you name it.
4. Restored from my backup file SELECTED categories of data to the 9800. I mean, only address book, calendar, notes, for example. I purposely stayed away from restoring any system-related stuff in order to make sure my refreshed "system" is not jeopardized by this restoration of data;
5. After that, I could still play for a short while in "Profile Management". Then BANG! The problem came back. But at least I have my own sound profile with fully customized ringtones and alert tones.
Well, this was my work around. Just that I cannot further modify my sound profile until I do the whole work all over again. it's do-able ... but very clumsy and time consuming.
Anyone has come across our problem too? Any solution??
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Previous BB experience: 8700, 8520, 9700