Originally Posted by wjereb
Check to see what version of Google Maps. I had 4.2 and it said I had the latest version but I found that version 4.4 was available at m.google.com. This version offers touchscreen support like pinch zoom as well as icons for zooming and my location.
I haven't discovered how to save browser bookmarks as favorites yet.
I'm running 4.4.0 - while it does flip between landscape and portrait, it still does not offer pinch zoom - you can double tap to bring up a menu of options but no pinch and zoom.
To save browser bookmarks as a favorite, do the following:
1. Open the browser and navigate to the page you want to save as a favorite.
2. On the browser, click on the top of the screen to bring up the address bar.
3. Next to the address bar are two icons, the first one looks like a circle with a down arrow and the second one is the tabs icon.
4. Click on the first icon (circle with down arrow).
5. From here, click on the Add to Home Screen.
6. You will be prompted to edit the bookmark name, specify the location and Mark as Favorite. When you mark it as favorite it appears in the favorites section. I recommend you edit the bookmark name to be short and sweet.