BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
davistld01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO.
Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 842
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

Please Login to Remove!

I am attempting to make a comeback to BlackBerry after being an iPhone 4 user for most of the last year...and have a new 9800 Torch coming in the mail, that should be here tomorrow.

I've had the Torch before, and returned it after only 3-days because the OS was laggy and the earpiece speaker volume was so low on incoming calls that I could barely hear the person on the other end.

I know that some updated OS builds have the Torch running much smoother and quicker...but have any been successful in making the earpiece speaker louder? I mean a LOT LOUDER?

I hope so. I really want to come back to "the light"...and really don't like the small screen of the 9700/9780 anymore after being spoiled to a larger display.

Last edited by davistld01 : 04-10-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
davistld01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO.
Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 842
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

Over a hundred hits...no comment. Can anyone tell me if the volume has or has not improved with the last few OS updates...or what?
Offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 114
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Over a hundred hits...no comment. Can anyone tell me if the volume has or has not improved with the last few OS updates...or what?
It may have been a glitch. Almost 50% of the intial release torch owners had problems with faulty hardware and OS problems.

The newer versions are much better. Plus there have been like 5 OS updates since then.

I believe the latest is 6.0.0.450. So, it should be much better.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf_Dreams For This Useful Post:
davistld01 (04-11-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
davistld01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO.
Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 842
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Dreams View Post
It may have been a glitch. Almost 50% of the intial release torch owners had problems with faulty hardware and OS problems.

The newer versions are much better. Plus there have been like 5 OS updates since then.

I believe the latest is 6.0.0.450. So, it should be much better.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Good to hear. I have a new one that should be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon...hope it's rock solid.
Offline  
Old 04-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Model: Torch
OS: 6.0.0.570
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

I didn't like the volume of the earpiece at all at first. After a few weeks and a few OS upgrades it is either better or I got used to it. Not sure which. At first I did more speakerphone which was a bit better. I'm thinking it's better but loud background noise may be an issue but then again it's that way with pretty much any phone.
Offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
davistld01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO.
Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 842
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumblingdice View Post
I didn't like the volume of the earpiece at all at first. After a few weeks and a few OS upgrades it is either better or I got used to it. Not sure which. At first I did more speakerphone which was a bit better. I'm thinking it's better but loud background noise may be an issue but then again it's that way with pretty much any phone.
Well, volume is a dealbreaker with me. I have some damage to my "phone ear" from a martial arts injury as a youngster...and some phones (Sony Ericsson, some Motorolas...) are simply not loud enough for me.

I got my first Torch the day after release day...and returned it three days later because of the volume and the laggy OS. I've tried to go back to the 9700/9780 from my iPhone 4, and I'm too spoiled to a larger screen to go back to such a small one...which is a shame, since the speaker volume in those two phones (and the 9000 Bold as well) are more than adequate.

I'm hoping that I don't find myself returning the one I'm getting today. I plan on updating the OS to 6.0.0.526 as soon as it comes out of the box, so I'll have the most recent build from the get-go. We'll see...
Offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
dragonryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern California
Model: 9800
OS: .706
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Well, volume is a dealbreaker with me. I have some damage to my "phone ear" from a martial arts injury as a youngster...and some phones (Sony Ericsson, some Motorolas...) are simply not loud enough for me.

I got my first Torch the day after release day...and returned it three days later because of the volume and the laggy OS. I've tried to go back to the 9700/9780 from my iPhone 4, and I'm too spoiled to a larger screen to go back to such a small one...which is a shame, since the speaker volume in those two phones (and the 9000 Bold as well) are more than adequate.

I'm hoping that I don't find myself returning the one I'm getting today. I plan on updating the OS to 6.0.0.526 as soon as it comes out of the box, so I'll have the most recent build from the get-go. We'll see...
Mine is from AT&T and it came with the .246 OS. I upgraded within a week to .448 and the speaker volume was corrected. AT&T just made the .278 OS available for upgrade but I have no idea what that one does. I just upgrade to .526 OS and still have good volume.
And yes, the .448 and .526 are not releases by AT&T. The .448 is an official release from RIM, and the .526 is a "leaked" upgrade.
__________________
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says... "Oh **** he's awake".
Offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: busnessman
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

i have one here speaker not working at all i need tu use loudspeaker
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wish(es) for future OS Upgrades for Torch nathan62969 General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch 93 12-07-2011 01:30 AM
Torch OS mobileinsider RIM Software 2 11-17-2010 02:44 PM
Leaked: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Slider OS 6.0.0.135! Superh3ro OS 6 4 08-04-2010 03:01 AM
8707V Phone Earpiece volume Low aje99999 General Legacy Device Discussion 2 08-03-2007 06:55 AM
Volume glitch with speaker phone bruceweinstein General Legacy Device Discussion 1 03-29-2006 07:11 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.