BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello
I have such a problem as in the topic began with the exchange (I had trouble with the exchange, not pulled her by force, but somehow did not want to go lightly). I suspect that one thing is this should, please see the attached photos. it seems to me that somehow broke off contact.

I am offering links to the pictures:
img708.imageshack.us/img708/474/img6890w.jpg
img412.imageshack.us/img412/7105/img6892ed.jpg

Please check the BB 9800 users do you have at home all 6 contacts but from what is versed on ebay: ebay.co.uk/itm/Sim-Card-H...item415e35bd9c
This slot for this phone has 6 pins, which is what is missing in me.

please tell me whether this change is difficult, and requires some advanced equipment?

Somewhere I can find a replacement manual?

I'm sorry that I write on your forum but in POLAND is not too much hardware BlackBerry fanatics and our knowledge on this subject is not too big

I greet
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkPOLAND For This Useful Post:
Safefoot (04-29-2012)
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Hello
Please help because I do not know what to do, nowhere I can not find the answer
Offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,035
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Maybe take it to a repair shop to see what they say. Not able to see your pictures.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

<hahaha>

Thanks for the advise, very good advice! , I would at this I would not hit.

I am looking for someone who knows about these phones, or had such probelm.


I greet
Offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPOLAND View Post
Hello
I have such a problem as in the topic began with the exchange (I had trouble with the exchange, not pulled her by force, but somehow did not want to go lightly). I suspect that one thing is this should, please see the attached photos. it seems to me that somehow broke off contact.

I am offering links to the pictures:
img708.imageshack.us/img708/474/img6890w.jpg
img412.imageshack.us/img412/7105/img6892ed.jpg

Please check the BB 9800 users do you have at home all 6 contacts but from what is versed on ebay: ebay.co.uk/itm/Sim-Card-H...item415e35bd9c
This slot for this phone has 6 pins, which is what is missing in me.

please tell me whether this change is difficult, and requires some advanced equipment?

Somewhere I can find a replacement manual?

I'm sorry that I write on your forum but in POLAND is not too much hardware BlackBerry fanatics and our knowledge on this subject is not too big

I greet
Hahaha Okay so underneathe my flap I have EXACTLY the same problem except yours is in better condition than mine. LOL okay so you have your top pin still I am missing 2 out of 6 you have only 1 out of 6 missing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPOLAND View Post
<hahaha>

Thanks for the advise, very good advice! , I would at this I would not hit.

I am looking for someone who knows about these phones, or had such probelm.


I greet
Honestly its the sim tray connectors we would need to get someone too solder new pin connectors are but I don't even know how mine dislodged too begin with. This is where the micro sd card would hide this anyway.

I do not own a hexkey or have the soldering tools too perform this fixing but I believe this can be repaired for under 30 dollars it is not a hard job I just do not know where too buy new pins to give a soldering guy.

Because once you have the pins its a 45 sec soldering job it just needs to be aligned so it fits through the sim tray.

I am without a phone atm so I am in a rush to get this fixed this week.

I will troll craigslist for a cheap fix. I will search now. I will also send you a pm.

I can post a picture but I don't know if that will help it just shows I am missing 1 more pin than you.

Offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safefoot View Post
Hahaha Okay so underneathe my flap I have EXACTLY the same problem except yours is in better condition than mine. LOL okay so you have your top pin still I am missing 2 out of 6 you have only 1 out of 6 missing.





Honestly its the sim tray connectors we would need to get someone too solder new pin connectors are but I don't even know how mine dislodged too begin with. This is where the micro sd card would hide this anyway.

I do not own a hexkey or have the soldering tools too perform this fixing but I believe this can be repaired for under 30 dollars it is not a hard job I just do not know where too buy new pins to give a soldering guy.

Because once you have the pins its a 45 sec soldering job it just needs to be aligned so it fits through the sim tray.

I am without a phone atm so I am in a rush to get this fixed this week.

I will troll craigslist for a cheap fix. I will search now. I will also send you a pm.

I can post a picture but I don't know if that will help it just shows I am missing 1 more pin than you.

You do realise this is a 6 month old thread right?
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bold 9000 - SIM card problem jackofspeed BlackBerry Help 5 01-30-2011 01:43 PM
Changing PIN of SIM device in BB simulator (BB 9700) grwalker Developer Forum 1 11-30-2010 08:36 AM
BB 7250 with no slot for SIM card ? gabsou General Legacy Device Discussion 9 11-09-2010 02:39 AM
Avoid BB users to use their BB sim card with an Iphone ? toadlemalin BES Admin Corner 1 02-02-2010 06:57 AM
Unblock sim card PIN 2 + Dual Sim devilhunter General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl 0 12-13-2008 06:53 AM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.