02-21-2018, 03:13 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Liverpool, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
| | No Boot
Please Login to Remove!
I have two Torches from the past; I now have a BB Classic and am keeping the Torches as spares. One works fine, the other appears to have stopped working for no apparent reason. It was last used about a year ago and has been just sitting in a drawer since then. But it's not just not booting - it's doing some very strange things as follows:
- it appeared to do nothing when I tried to turn it on or charge the battery. The red LED came on for a few seconds then went out.
- I put a new, charged battery in, but that made no difference.
- if I left it plugged in, the red LED came on from time to time, but went out again after a few seconds
- I removed the battery and replaced it and then noticed that there was data on the screen, but it was barely visible. It was the "sign in" box, but signing in would not work. Later, after trying to reboot, I could not repeat this last event, no matter what I did.
- so I plugged the device into my Netbook, with Widows 7 and BB Link. It connected, and the BB keyboard lit up. BB Link showed the unit connected, but said that no data could be transferred because link no longer worked with the 9000 series.
- I set it aside for a while, then thought I'll give it another try. I took the battery out, then replaced it and at first the red LED came on for a minute, then the keyboard lit up and the green LED began flashing. I plugged it into charge it and the green LED continued to flash. As I write, the unit has been plugged in for about 10 minutes; the green light is no longer flashing; but the keyboard is lit up. I am unable to open the screen, and it doesn't even show barely, as before. Just blank.
Anybody have any idea what's going on?