BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
DZD
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
DZD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano, TX USA
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.450
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 192
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Default Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Please Login to Remove!

The fluid graphics and performance look very good. Enjoy.

YouTube - ‪RIM Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 / 9930 Hands-on‬‏
Offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2011
Model: 9790
OS: 7.1.0.336
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Not too sure why someone would want a CDMA version of this device. Its bad enough that Blackberry is behind the times as it is but to get the non-hspa version seems like an even bigger step backward. In today's mobile market I find it somewhat suprising that cellular manufacturers still produce CDMA devices.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Elite
 
knottyrope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Posts: 6,721
Post Thanks: 272
Thanked 288 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

terrible focus on the vid
__________________
irony : many old timer posters have de-evolved into the trolls they once fought
I am on http://supportforums.blackberry.com
BES 10 running sweet for my Z30, Z10 and Q10
Offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,729
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCaper View Post
Not too sure why someone would want a CDMA version of this device. Its bad enough that Blackberry is behind the times as it is but to get the non-hspa version seems like an even bigger step backward. In today's mobile market I find it somewhat suprising that cellular manufacturers still produce CDMA devices.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
One of the largest carriers in the U.S. is CDMA, as well as one of the smaller carriers. If you are a user choosing the carrier that provides the best service where you live, work, and travel, and that carrier is one of these two, then you need a CDMA device. And if you are making mobile devices for those customers, then you make CDMA devices.

Of course if someone wants to avoid CDMA on principle and pay higher price or pay for poorer service in order to do so, that's their prerogative.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 234
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

I see RIM--in its infinite wisdom--is using the same crappy top buttons (back, phone, menu) that it used on the Torch.

It's always nice when buttons peel off. Why would they do such a cheap and idiotic thing on their flagship device?
Offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Thiego-uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: SGS2
OS: 4.0.3
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Posts: 308
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef View Post
I see RIM--in its infinite wisdom--is using the same crappy top buttons (back, phone, menu) that it used on the Torch.

It's always nice when buttons peel off. Why would they do such a cheap and idiotic thing on their flagship device?
How did you make them peel off?
Offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto Canada
Model: Q10
OS: 10.2.1.21
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 439
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
One of the largest carriers in the U.S. is CDMA, as well as one of the smaller carriers. If you are a user choosing the carrier that provides the best service where you live, work, and travel, and that carrier is one of these two, then you need a CDMA device. And if you are making mobile devices for those customers, then you make CDMA devices.

Of course if someone wants to avoid CDMA on principle and pay higher price or pay for poorer service in order to do so, that's their prerogative.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Bell and Telus, Canada's no. 2 and 3 carriers, respectively, overlayed their entire (formerly CDMA only) networks with hspa a couple of years ago. Rogers the largest mobile operator in Canada switched from TDMA to gsm and eventually hspa years ago, about the same time as AT&T. As far as I know there are no moble networks in Canada which are CDMA only (except perhaps very local small networks).
As a sponsor of the winter Olympics in Vancouver in January 2010, Bell realized that virtually no-one outside of NA at the Olympics would be able to use its network and saw where the future was and brought its entire network up to hspa in a very short time.
It is time for Verizon to see the future.
For the time being, however, Verison is a major mobile network, if not no. 1 then no.2 in the US which cannot be ignored.
Offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto Canada
Model: Q10
OS: 10.2.1.21
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 439
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef View Post
I see RIM--in its infinite wisdom--is using the same crappy top buttons (back, phone, menu) that it used on the Torch.

It's always nice when buttons peel off. Why would they do such a cheap and idiotic thing on their flagship device?
I have had my torch since launch in Canada (Sept 30 2010) and never have had a hint of an issue with the buttons or anything else with the torch, except perhaps a little play in the slide out keyboard.
In fact while on vacation in Kenya in early May, my torch was grabbed by a monkey when it was lying out on my balcony waiting for a gps fix. The back was taken off and the battery pulled out, then dropped from 3 stories up. Hotel staff retrieved the three parts. I put them together and it worked perfectly (a tooth mark on the battery and a few claw marks on the front and back though)! Try that with an iPhone.
Offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,729
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Re the crappy top buttons observed in the video, perhaps what is in the video is not a full rate production unit? I don't know. Just asking. Curious.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 234
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post
I have had my torch since launch in Canada (Sept 30 2010) and never have had a hint of an issue with the buttons or anything else with the torch, except perhaps a little play in the slide out keyboard.
In fact while on vacation in Kenya in early May, my torch was grabbed by a monkey when it was lying out on my balcony waiting for a gps fix. The back was taken off and the battery pulled out, then dropped from 3 stories up. Hotel staff retrieved the three parts. I put them together and it worked perfectly (a tooth mark on the battery and a few claw marks on the front and back though)! Try that with an iPhone.
There were quite a few posts about this early on. Here's a pic of mine:

Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Video of new BB 9900/9930 models
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
video issue new BB owner needs help akamikey General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour 4 08-22-2009 12:29 AM
NEW BB Video Site - Watch & Downloads For BlackBerry Free peterbabiy General BlackBerry Discussion 2 04-04-2008 04:17 PM
Why Did RIM Drop the Ball on Video for the Pearl? SanFrancisco General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl 12 01-19-2007 05:40 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.