Originally Posted by Jackes1754
Still no update / change on this ?
Checked my wife's BB Torch again, you add a contact and it automatically adds a calender reminder for the birthday straight out of the contact.
so now the little cumbersome workaround... i guess it's because sync of contacts from earlier back is causing an issue
if we would manually enter our contacts, it wouldn't be a problem...
but if you do not have too many contacts or at least not too many important people who's birthdates you want to automatically show up...
try this workaround
1) go to your contacts section and choose a particular contact
2) click the blackberry / menu key and EDIT that contact
3) Scroll down through to the Birthday / Anniversary section and Select either of them and do - DELETE FIELD
4)Save these changes
5)Go back to Contacts - Select Same particular Contact - EDIT
6) Add a date to the birthday field and SAVE
7) now when you go to your calendar - you should have the entry automatically
works on my 9900. do lemme know
i think when we sync contacts from our backup of our old BlackBerry when we buy a new BB... the SYNC Field Mapping might have to do something with it? i am just guessing. i am a novice. But can this be fixed right at the root? while synchronizing contacts?