BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9900-series-discussion-bold-touch/)
-   -   Desktop Manager & Back Up (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9900-series-discussion-bold-touch/262704-desktop-manager-back-up.html)

HAPPYTREE 12-08-2012 07:26 AM

Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Hi All

Appreciate any help here.

I have noticed that when I back up my device, it takes HOURS. And mean like 8-9 hours to back up!

Never used to do this before. I have the latest DTM installed and am running OS 7.1.0.205 on my Bold 9900.

Appreciate any assistance that would allow me to get back up times to the hour or less that they used to be!

Also, I do NOT back up my media card etc, I do that separately so I know its not that that is causing the lengthy back up times.

Thank you in advance to all respondents.

Howard S. 12-10-2012 07:18 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
When I think of backup times I think more in half-minutes than hours. Sounds very strange. Does it do the same thing with BB Protect?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

HAPPYTREE 12-11-2012 11:59 AM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1793702)
When I think of backup times I think more in half-minutes than hours. Sounds very strange. Does it do the same thing with BB Protect?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Howard

Thanks for your reply.

It works find with BBProtect, less that 5 mins in fact.

Any other suggestions?? :?

Howard S. 12-11-2012 11:28 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Sounds like you have a lot of contacts. Are you also backing up email/texts? Do you keep a lot of them (old ones) on your phone?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

HAPPYTREE 12-12-2012 02:02 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1793792)
Sounds like you have a lot of contacts. Are you also backing up email/texts? Do you keep a lot of them (old ones) on your phone?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Yes I do have a lot and also keep a lot of the emails, but less so SMS (texts).

I aim to sit down this weekend and trim my email inboxes for their content and then give it a try. I'll report back on Sat/Sun and see if that changes things. I'm very appreciative of your assistance. (y)

HAPPYTREE 12-16-2012 04:04 AM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Practically removed everything off the phone and even disabled back up of the media card.

No change.

Howard S. 12-16-2012 09:34 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
At this point I would try wiping your phone, reloading with the latest OS and see if this doesn't clear up your problem. Of course you would need to backup everything first, including your third party apps.

devnull 12-17-2012 09:56 AM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Another thing to consider is something might be wrong with thing related to USB.

Cable
USB port on PC

HAPPYTREE 12-17-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1794085)
At this point I would try wiping your phone, reloading with the latest OS and see if this doesn't clear up your problem. Of course you would need to backup everything first, including your third party apps.

Yes I will try that this weekend. What is the latest OS for the 9900 at the moment? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 1794112)
Another thing to consider is something might be wrong with thing related to USB.

Cable
USB port on PC

I thought that too, but it works fine with a variety of devices.

devnull 12-18-2012 04:43 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPYTREE (Post 1794129)
I thought that too, but it works fine with a variety of devices.

I had a cable that worked fine on an 8310 but wouldn't work worth a crap on a 9000. Just something to keep in mind.

HAPPYTREE 12-19-2012 11:13 AM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
I have used three NEW BlackBerry USB cables and the result is unchanged.

The green bar during the back up process gets almost to the end and seems to "hang" on:

"Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record"

Its just doesnt complete that part of the process.

Thoughts?

devnull 12-19-2012 12:04 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPYTREE (Post 1794277)
I have used three NEW BlackBerry USB cables and the result is unchanged.

The green bar during the back up process gets almost to the end and seems to "hang" on:

"Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record"

Its just doesnt complete that part of the process.

Thoughts?

Now that is a bit different than just being slow. So it's hanging on a particular step in the process.

KB29522-"Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

HAPPYTREE 12-19-2012 12:25 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 1794291)

Fantastic!

I'll give this a whirl later (y)

HAPPYTREE 12-19-2012 01:56 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
All works perfectly now. Thanks Devnull, really appreciate your help!

Admin/Mods, feel free to lock this thread now as the issue has been resolved.

jamieileana 12-19-2012 05:41 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Hi, I dont know where to post this and so I guess I will post here and hope for some help. I just bought a used blackberry 8900 and it wont let me set up email. It wants me to activate something called enterprise server.

I put in my email and a password but it says it is not the correct pin number. I do not understand what it wants and how do I fix this?
I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks so much, Jamie

HAPPYTREE 12-20-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Desktop Manager & Back Up
 
Just done a back up today using the workaround provided.

Works fine.

However, there is a new message now saying that two items were not backed up - BBM Conversations and BBM Contacts.

Any ideas why this is happening? I've done nothing different from yesterday, when , it seemed all was working as it should have.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.