BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 05:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: ?
Posts: 62
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

It is has to do with blackberries because i am wondering how i set up the BWC to forward the sent mails to gmail. It is really frusturating when people comment destructively on how others are posting questions. We are here to learn more about BB not forum procedure. So can somone with some insight please answer my post.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 265
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't think you can forward from the sent box. If you email from the BB it won't go to gmail.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 07:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
deezmfnutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw
Posts: 342
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyj5
It is has to do with blackberries because i am wondering how i set up the BWC to forward the sent mails to gmail. It is really frusturating when people comment destructively on how others are posting questions. We are here to learn more about BB not forum procedure. So can somone with some insight please answer my post.

Thanks
Alright I am getting sick of this thread. Please, PLEASE, read my earlier post where I outlined the steps necessary to set up sent copies from your BB to be stored on your GMAIL account. Read it, and then read it again and again until you understand it. THEN go to your gmail account and BIS/BWC account and TRY to set it up. If it does not work then ask a A SPECIFIC question. I will NOT explain it from scratch again I have already done so earlier in this thread, however, if you have problems I would be happy to answer a specific question.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 07:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
deezmfnutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw
Posts: 342
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaters
I don't think you can forward from the sent box. If you email from the BB it won't go to gmail.
You think wrong. It can be done with ease, please read my earlier posts in this thread.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC area
Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 527
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've set it up the way you explained about a week ago. Now I notice that there are no new messages in the BWC. Even if the message is sent to [email address]. Is that supposed to happen? Did I screw something up?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ems275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrington, PA
Model: 7520
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Pin me with your email address and Ill invite you to get a gmail account I have 50 to give away
I use yahoo and the spam is unsurmountable that it fowards when set this way, I have tried several times to sign up for g-mail, but obviously it is closed. Any chance I could get an invite too?
__________________
ems275
PIN 40072a1c
7520
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC area
Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 527
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
I've set it up the way you explained about a week ago. Now I notice that there are no new messages in the BWC. Even if the message is sent to [email address]. Is that supposed to happen? Did I screw something up?
Sorry. The BWC wasn't showing any recent messages. After I did a search for a message I sent this morning, it suddenly started working again. (scratches head).
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 265
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
You think wrong. It can be done with ease, please read my earlier posts in this thread.
OK, I read the previous post and can't get it to work. Here is my setup, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a pop3 account [email address]. I have this set to forward all mail to my gmail account. I have my gmail account set so that when it receives email from [email address], it skips the inbox, archives it and sends it on to my blackberry. My blackberry "sent" is set to [email address] in my BWC.

I set a filter in gmail that says, From:jwaters@livcoems.org skip inbox and apply label Blackberry Sent.

I send an email from my blackberry and it doesn't show up in gmail. I see it in the sent folder on the BWC but it doesn't show up in gmail at all.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ems275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrington, PA
Model: 7520
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
I use foward so I get instant e-mails no need to wait for the 15 minute pop delay. YOU CAN EASILY set-up the google filters to allow ONLY inbox mail to go to your blackberry and keep spam on your google account only. To set this up use the following filter parameters. Ignor any warnings about it being invalid, it WILL work!
---
Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]
---
where xxx = your blackberry account userid
where yyy = tmo/vzw etc

I keep my gmail settings such that it forwards AND keeps a copy on my gmail account. The set-up works great and is better than POP IMHO. Enjoy yourselves *****es!
Question on this Process:

1. Do you have Gmail set to foward or pop?
Because when I have it on foward it won't allow me to save the filter w/ a foward.

2. When you set up the filter where does Matches: in:inbox go, meaning which block, from, to subject etc...
Because I can't get it to work.
__________________
ems275
PIN 40072a1c
7520
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #50 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dkmadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pueblo, CO
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 712
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems275
I use yahoo and the spam is unsurmountable that it fowards when set this way, I have tried several times to sign up for g-mail, but obviously it is closed. Any chance I could get an invite too?
Get me a message and I'll invite you, I've got plenty of invitations.
__________________
Now you can call me STORMin' Norman, except my name isn't Norman.
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 12:15 AM   #51 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ems275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrington, PA
Model: 7520
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
Get me a message and I'll invite you, I've got plenty of invitations.
Thanks for the offer Dawg already hooked me up, but thanks anyway.
__________________
ems275
PIN 40072a1c
7520
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM   #52 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC area
Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 527
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. The set-up is VERY simple.

<snip>
---
Matches: from:(xxx@yyy.zzz) Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "BLACKBERRY SENT"
---

Where [email address] is the email address that you have set-up for your blackberry from: header. By default this would be [email address] However using the BIS/BWC you can change this to whatever you please e.g. [email address] or [email address] etc etc. The key is that the address in the gmail filter MUST match the address of your BIS/BWC from: field. The addition of the sent wirelessly via Blackberry from T-mobile. Is just an additional modifier so that only my sent mail from my blackberry goes in the blackberry sent filter.

Other than those 2 filters you do not NEED anything else. It should work like a charm. Give it a try if you have any questions or problems please post in this thread for the benefit of everyone who is reading it.
I've got it set up but it isn't working right. Gmail skips the inbox, but when i send a message it goes to my BB and then the gmail filter puts it in my sent folder. How do I prevent it from sending a copy to the BB. Help?
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
mattchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: cheshire rock city, ct
Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone still need a gmail hook-up? let me know...
i too have like 50 to share...
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
deezmfnutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw
Posts: 342
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems275
Question on this Process:

1. Do you have Gmail set to foward or pop?
Because when I have it on foward it won't allow me to save the filter w/ a foward.

2. When you set up the filter where does Matches: in:inbox go, meaning which block, from, to subject etc...
Because I can't get it to work.
EMS, thank you for trying to set it up via my directions! Your problem is simple you MUST use the following filter IN CONJUCTION with the sent mail/auto/bcc filer so that you do NOT get duplicates of the sent messages sent to your blackberry.

---
Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]
---
where xxx = your blackberry account userid
where yyy = tmo/vzw etc

Do NOT turn on auto-forward and archive in the the gmail set-up turn it OFF. Then use the filter above. That way you will ONLY forward inbox items to your blackberry. Spam and your blackberry sent fiter (which is set-up to SKIP inbox) will NOT appear on your blackberry handheld; they will remain ONLY on your gmail account. Using the in:inbox filter is CRITICAL to get things working right. Otherwise your set-up appears sound. Try the above filter (after turning off gmail forward and archive). It should work like a charm. Let me know if you have further troubles.
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ems275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrington, PA
Model: 7520
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
EMS, thank you for trying to set it up via my directions! Your problem is simple you MUST use the following filter IN CONJUCTION with the sent mail/auto/bcc filer so that you do NOT get duplicates of the sent messages sent to your blackberry.

---
Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]
---
where xxx = your blackberry account userid
where yyy = tmo/vzw etc

Do NOT turn on auto-forward and archive in the the gmail set-up turn it OFF. Then use the filter above. That way you will ONLY forward inbox items to your blackberry. Spam and your blackberry sent fiter (which is set-up to SKIP inbox) will NOT appear on your blackberry handheld; they will remain ONLY on your gmail account. Using the in:inbox filter is CRITICAL to get things working right. Otherwise your set-up appears sound. Try the above filter (after turning off gmail forward and archive). It should work like a charm. Let me know if you have further troubles.
deezmfnutz, thanks for the clarification, but I still have a question.

where in the filter set up screen do I put "in:inbox filter " and what is the the "sent mail/auto/bcc filer". As of now I am not getting dups on my BB.
__________________
ems275
PIN 40072a1c
7520
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 235 Times in 218 Posts
Default

When is this thread going to be locked?
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 08:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ems275, here's what I finally worked out via trial and error from deezmfnutz' instructions.

Do NOT use forwarding in Gmail. Make sure it's off.

Create a new filter and put "in:inbox" in the "Has the words" text box. Click next step, and IGNORE the pop-up telling you it won't work. Check the box labelled "forward to" and type in your BB mail address (as Deez pointed out, it'll be [email address], where xxx = your username and yyy = your provider abbreviation)

Create another filter in Gmail with whatever your sent from address is IN YOUR BB MAIL OPTION...by default, it'll be the [email address] address, but I have changed mine to my gmail address. So, I put "xxx@gmail.com" in the "From" text box of my new filter, AND THEN (unfortunately, I think) you have to put your BB mail sig. (Sent from Verizon Wireless Blackberry, for example) in the "Has the words" text box. I had to do this to keep the mail I sent from my BB separate from the regular Gmail I sent...So, make sure the sig. you use in your BB mail is the same text you put in the "Has the words" box.

Click Next step, and check the "Skip Inbox" AND "Apply the Label" boxes...use a label like deez suggested, "Blackberry Sent"

Click Update Filter and you should be good to go...

(You can, I suppose, eliminate the sig. steps in the second filter and just keep up with the sent mail folder in Gmail...basically I just want to keep those in my account, so I might change my second filter to remove the sig.)
Offline  
Old 06-30-2005, 09:55 PM   #58 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
ems275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrington, PA
Model: 7520
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip2632
ems275, here's what I finally worked out via trial and error from deezmfnutz' instructions.

Do NOT use forwarding in Gmail. Make sure it's off.

Create a new filter and put "in:inbox" in the "Has the words" text box. Click next step, and IGNORE the pop-up telling you it won't work. Check the box labelled "forward to" and type in your BB mail address (as Deez pointed out, it'll be [email address], where xxx = your username and yyy = your provider abbreviation)

Create another filter in Gmail with whatever your sent from address is IN YOUR BB MAIL OPTION...by default, it'll be the [email address] address, but I have changed mine to my gmail address. So, I put "xxx@gmail.com" in the "From" text box of my new filter, AND THEN (unfortunately, I think) you have to put your BB mail sig. (Sent from Verizon Wireless Blackberry, for example) in the "Has the words" text box. I had to do this to keep the mail I sent from my BB separate from the regular Gmail I sent...So, make sure the sig. you use in your BB mail is the same text you put in the "Has the words" box.

Click Next step, and check the "Skip Inbox" AND "Apply the Label" boxes...use a label like deez suggested, "Blackberry Sent"

Click Update Filter and you should be good to go...

(You can, I suppose, eliminate the sig. steps in the second filter and just keep up with the sent mail folder in Gmail...basically I just want to keep those in my account, so I might change my second filter to remove the sig.)
Rip2632, Thanks so much for the detailed set up instructions. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. Thanks for the quick help.
__________________
ems275
PIN 40072a1c
7520
Offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DC area
Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 527
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
I've got it set up but it isn't working right. Gmail skips the inbox, but when i send a message it goes to my BB and then the gmail filter puts it in my sent folder. How do I prevent it from sending a copy to the BB. Help?
No help? Well I helped myself. It now works fine. The way the filters were explained were not clear. After a bunch of different ways, I got it to work.
Offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 265
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Finally got it to work too! Thanks!

Next question is, does anyone know of a way to set Gmail so it won't send the Blackberry Sent messages when I access through POP? They go straight to a BB Sent folder on Gmail, however I still download them on Outlook. I searched Gmail and it did say that all email is downloaded except that which is in Spam and Trash, however I thought maybe someone knew of a trick that would only download mail that is in the Inbox when accessed through POP.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

AC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter
$1.72
AC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter pictureAC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter
$9.99
AC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter pictureAC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter
$8.14
AC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter pictureAC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter
$1.72
AC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter pictureAC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter
$10.26
AC 80-260V 0-100A LCD Volt Current Watt Kwh Meter Power Energy Ammeter Voltmeter picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.