BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7100v
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Outlook Business Contact Manager

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using BB Web Client version and 7100v and loving it. However I just upgraded to Outook 2003 with BCM (Busines Contact Manager) and moved my contacts in to it. I am led to believe that you cant synch with BCM and Desktop Manager.. is this true? Surely not? How could RIM not support this populat CRM.

Last edited by paqworks : 06-25-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Offline  
Old 06-25-2005, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
rsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Delaware, USA
Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t/T-Mobile/Verizon
Posts: 747
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've never even heard of BCM? Is this a European thing?
__________________
Richard Sun
[email address]
Offline  
Old 06-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7100v
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BCM stands for Business contact Manager - it is a CRM Application included as an option in Outlook 2003. It is used instead of Contacts.
Offline  
Old 06-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Posts: 3,309
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

RIM supports Outlook 2000/XP/2003 etc their not really under any obligation to support the BCM solution from M$. There is a third party solution to connect ACT! CRM with the Blackberry but again development was by a third party source, not RIM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paqworks
I have been using BB Web Client version and 7100v and loving it. However I just upgraded to Outook 2003 with BCM (Busines Contact Manager) and moved my contacts in to it. I am led to believe that you cant synch with BCM and Desktop Manager.. is this true? Surely not? How could RIM not support this populat CRM.
Offline  
Old 06-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7100v
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
RIM supports Outlook 2000/XP/2003 etc their not really under any obligation to support the BCM solution from M$. There is a third party solution to connect ACT! CRM with the Blackberry but again development was by a third party source, not RIM.
I guess RIM arent really obliged to do anything..it just puts users like me in a situation in which they have to choose between BB and no synchronisation of there PIM or stay with M$ BCM ... and go to a PDA that supports it. Dont understand why RIM would want to make there loyal customers have to make that decision.
Offline  
Old 06-25-2005, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Alberta
Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 350
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have sync'd act and bb before. I think?
Offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T, dumped VZW
Posts: 72
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Need to use a 3rd party app called www.companionlink.com They have conduits for almost everything. I'm pretty sure they have one for BCM. I sync with ACT 7.0 and my BB 7250 and it works great. Well worth the $60.

How is BCM anyway? I used the first verison and I here there is an upgrade to 2.0 which is a huge improvement from what I hear.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Posts: 3,309
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't think it's a matter of not doing anything as much as it is compatibility with what the masses are using or need right now. What I did myself as my company uses GoldMine at work, I exported my core contacts and info to a .csv file and imported it into Outlook to sync up with my BB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paqworks
I guess RIM arent really obliged to do anything..it just puts users like me in a situation in which they have to choose between BB and no synchronisation of there PIM or stay with M$ BCM ... and go to a PDA that supports it. Dont understand why RIM would want to make there loyal customers have to make that decision.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
DarkWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waterloo, ON
Model: 8320
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 417
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's not supported because BCM takes over control of your contacts. It removes it from the primary Outlook profile and the Intellisync software (made by Puma Tech, not RIM) is not designed to connect to the BCM.

Intellisync is designed to use the MAPI profile to connect to the PIMs. I believe BCM does not use that system.
__________________
DarkWater


http://www.blackberry.com/support/
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.