Originally Posted by paulsonr
I have just hung up with Blackberry tech support and he walked me through the solution to the "Unknown Error" I have been receiving for a long time when I tried to sync. Here is what he told me to do and it worked!!!
FYI - I have Windows XP SP3
1) Make sure your Blackberry is disconnected from your computer
2) Start DM (Desktop manager) and on the upper right hand corner select Options
3) Select "Data Folder Options"
4) Select "Use this specified folder"
5) Right mouse click on the datapath and hit "select all" and copy
6) Hit Start and select Run
7) Paste data path into run and hit ok
8) Blackberry folder will open
9) Find the "Intellisync" folder - select it and delete it
10) Connect your Blackberry
11) Go to your DM's main menu - select "Synchronize"
12) On the left hand side - select Configure Synchronization
13) Select "Synchronization" button
14) When done - select Synchronize (Upper left corner)
15) On the synchronize screen - select only "Synchronize Organizer data" and "Update device date and time"
16) now select "Synchronize"
This should work - it finally worked for me after trying for several months to get it up and running - should have called Blackberry earlier!!
Thanks for your post. I can't believe it worked. Nothing against your post of course.
It's just that the last month or so I have had heaps of problems with the "no message stores", and found that countless people are having the same problems with no successful results. Although I digress.
Thank you for taking the time to post - much appreciated.
FYI to others:
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium
Desktop Manager 5.0.1
Microsoft Office 2007 with Outlook Connector with 2 profiles