BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   Can I send pictures in a SMS message on a 8830? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/132379-can-i-send-pictures-sms-message-8830-a.html)

jhe888 05-29-2008 09:43 AM

Can I send pictures in a SMS message on a 8830?
 
Sprint is my provider. When I open a picture, I see an option to send it in an e-mail, but what about an SMS message?

And why would I get some pictures people send me in an SMS message, but not some sent by others? My son sends me pictures succesfully, but my wife tried to do it and all I got was an empty message.

Thanks.

ezrunner 05-29-2008 09:46 AM

Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

Sms doesn't supprt pics. Has to be mms or email

markhutchison 05-29-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhe888 (Post 948527)
Sprint is my provider. When I open a picture, I see an option to send it in an e-mail, but what about an SMS message?

SMS is text only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhe888 (Post 948527)
And why would I get some pictures people send me in an SMS message, but not some sent by others?

It may be that your son was sending an MMS message. My understanding is that Sprint does not fully support MMS messages on BlackBerry which may account for the iinconsistency that you're seeing.

ricpac 05-29-2008 09:55 AM

Yup, SMS is purely plain text. No images and you can't attach anything.

newtuner 06-05-2008 10:26 PM

Is there anyway to sent just a picture? I want to take a picture and send it to somebody elses phone. Is this possible?

ricpac 06-06-2008 01:48 AM

Wirelessly posted (Titanium BlackBerry® 8320)

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtuner
Is there anyway to sent just a picture? I want to take a picture and send it to somebody elses phone. Is this possible?

It's possible with bluetooth.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.