BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default General Question About BB Outgoing Mail

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, thanks for accepting me as a new member ; )
I have a couple questions regarding email. 1st off, I'm pushing 2 accounts to gmail in order to get near-instant notification for them. This is working great.

However, when I go to REPLY to a message from ...@school.com, it forces me to use the ...@gmail.com account. I guess the only way around this is to use the FORWARD function, and then edit the FROM section in order to send it via my ...@school.com account and not through gmail. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I know altering the BIS on my provider website can mask the gmail address and make it look like it's coming from the school address each time, however:

My second question is this. Say I get an email from ...@school.com that has been forwarded to the ...@gmail.com account. I see it on the BB and want respond to it from the ...@gmail.com account, not the school account. Now when I respond to it, the email gets stuck in GMAIL as a conversation response. After some unspecified amount of time, a little 'D' will be drawn on the email in the BB, and a new message in GMAIL will appear that says "This message has been delivered." However, this only happens if I'm lucky. Sometimes the email gets stuck sitting in GMAIL.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welcome to BBF!

For #1, I think you could just change the reply-to address on the BIS website but that would cause issues if you want the reply coming from gmail. You can always try. I think the best would be: why don't you try to forward your ...@school.com to your tmo.blackberry.net address and it should be real instant by then--plus you never have to worry about gmail getting involved.
__________________
All your base are belong to us.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpac View Post
Welcome to BBF!

For #1, I think you could just change the reply-to address on the BIS website but that would cause issues if you want the reply coming from gmail. You can always try. I think the best would be: why don't you try to forward your ...@school.com to your tmo.blackberry.net address and it should be real instant by then--plus you never have to worry about gmail getting involved.
Yeah, that is probably the best solution. But I have two school accounts. I could forward account #1 to account #2. Then account #2 is forwarded to the tmo.blackberry.net address. When I respond, I can change the tmo.blackberry.net address to look as if it's coming from account #2. This would work great for account #2, however when I respond to account #1 it will look like it's coming from account #2. I think I can live with that



By the way, is it a known issue for messages getting stuck as conversations in gmail? I thought maybe since I was doing a whole lot of emailing myself the program got confused.

Last edited by Andrew612 : 05-29-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So is everything cool?
__________________
All your base are belong to us.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, I think it will work out. Bypassing google is the key.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,020
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 778 Times in 740 Posts
Default

I wouldn't use the blackberry supplied address if I were you. You are opening yourself up to getting more SPAM than you need as it is unfiltered. And during a BIS outage, there is no way to read that mail since you can only read it on the BB.

Maybe you need to rethink your need for instant email and live with the 15 minute delay. Is it THAT important that you must have it in near real time?
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
I wouldn't use the blackberry supplied address if I were you. You are opening yourself up to getting more SPAM than you need as it is unfiltered. And during a BIS outage, there is no way to read that mail since you can only read it on the BB.

Maybe you need to rethink your need for instant email and live with the 15 minute delay. Is it THAT important that you must have it in near real time?
Hahah, the answer is 'no'. I guess I'm more interested in getting everything to work well together. I see it as more of a challenge than a necessity.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do you get a lot of emails on the two accounts during the day?
__________________
All your base are belong to us.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpac View Post
Do you get a lot of emails on the two accounts during the day?
No, not really. However, my primary interest in purchasing it was to be able to keep track of emails during the day which have been sent to me by my boss while I'm out on the road. Come to think of it, I've never really needed an 'instant' email update. It would be nice though.

The only other important thing I need it to do is to send a word .doc to my boss as an attachment. Is this possible to do without purchasing an extra media card?
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Why don't you just integrate the two email accts to your device so then you won't need the tmo.blackberry.net? You would have the 2 then your gmail. The info. posted by Mod Sith Apprentice can also help you out with your decision on integrating the 2 accounts you mentioned How does BIS Poll for Email

As for your other concern, you sure can save some (but not a lot) of .doc files on the main memory and send it to your boss. The info here might help you out too if you needed to do some editing on your BB Can I edit and save MS Office files on the BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck!
__________________
All your base are belong to us.

Last edited by ricpac : 05-29-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpac View Post
Why don't you just integrate the two email accts to your device so then you won't need the tmo.blackberry.net? You would have the 2 then your gmail. The info. posted by Mod Sith Apprentice can also help you out with your decision on integrating the 2 accounts you mentioned How does BIS Poll for Email

As for your other concern, you sure can save some (but not a lot) of .doc files on the main memory and send it to your boss. The info here might help you out too if you needed to do some editing on your BB Can I edit and save MS Office files on the BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck!
Yes, actually both of my school accounts were integrated already. However, I set the forwarding address to go to gmail. That way, I would never get any emails directly from my school accounts, but I would still be able to send emails from my BB via the school accounts. That's when the whole "reply with" address became an issue. The BB "reply with" address is fixed...

Anyway, thanks for all the help.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.