06-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
If you're syncing to Outlook you could try this (might not be the best solution, but hey...)
1. Do a full backup of both devices
2. Sync one device with Outlook so the contacts are all in Outlook.
3. Export the contact from Outlook to a .csv file.
4. Delete all the contacts from Outlook.
5. Sync the 2nd device with Outlook - make sure you indicate which direction you want the sync to go so the contacts on the device are not erased.
6. Export the contacts from Outlook to a .csv file.
7. Delete all the contacts from Outlook
8. Open both .csv files in Excel and copy all the records from one into the other and save it as the 'master' copy (as a .csv)
9. Import the master .csv file into Outlook.
10. Go into the Calendar Options on the 8330 and set 'allow duplicates' to No.
11. Sync the contacts to the 8330 - make sure you indicate which way to sync so Outlook is sending the contacts to the BB.
A little klunky, perhaps, but one option.
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Last edited by juwaack68 : 06-04-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Reason: clarified step 10